The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby Seats

HunterJ

This is one for those with Kids!

I'm looking for a forward facing baby seat (9kg+) that will fit in the rear of my Supra (behind the passenger seat), but will leave room for a long legged individual in the passenger...

I've been through all those that Halfords offer but all are a bit on the cramped side :thumbdown

Has anyone got a rear child seat? Any photos of the space?

TIA :help:

Jamie

Think you'll struggle with a seat if you still want front legroom. My kids are 6 and 4 and sit on booster cushions, but i still have to move the passenger seat forward for them to get in. You'll probably be better off getting a cheap second car IMHO. Getting a baby in and out of the back of a supra is a PITA - i had to sell my MK III for that reason.

Think you'll struggle with a seat if you still want front legroom. My kids are 6 and 4 and sit on booster cushions, but i still have to move the passenger seat forward for them to get in. You'll probably be better off getting a cheap second car IMHO. Getting a baby in and out of the back of a supra is a PITA - i had to sell my MK III for that reason.

Thanks for that, the Supra is the second baby transport so a bit of hassle isn't too much of a problem. My wife drives a Corolla and I have a Celica (with which I'd share the "second" seat) - as you might expect I just love driving the Supra so I really want to get a seat. The corolla has the ISO mounts in it so no problems there!

I'll take my wife with me at the weekend and see just how much leg room there is (you never know, she might be able to live with the limited space just to keep me happy ;))

Cheers

• 9 months later...