The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Trim Kits Cardon Fibre - Advice

scotspower

I'm in the process of updating the interior of my Silver 93 NA and amongst other items im looking to do something with the dash - considered painting but don't have the time to remove the rubberised coating.

Nic can get parts coated in a Carbon Fibre, however costs are too high for my budget at present!!

Im hoping to get the Seats retrimmed later in this year in Black and Grey (hence lack of remaining budget) adding a Momo Millennium Sports Steering Wheel with grey colour through it

Therefore im left looking at installing a trim kit, preferably looking at a carbon fibre effect - any advice on products available and achieved results would be appreciated, particularly any pictures of installed examples.

There are a couple of companies who seem to sell kits that cover more than just the basic dash items, I'm mainly concerned that these will not stick well and lift in time and that the also may or may not fit precisely.

I have one, and for the cost, I cannot fault them... Most come out of the same factory and use 3M adhiesive - so, quite sticky!

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/newdash4.jpg

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/newdash3.jpg

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/newdash2.jpg

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/newdash.jpg

But I can't fault the quality of the items from Nic. I think they are well worth the outlay.

There seems to be some variation with the quality of the stick on kits that you can buy on Ebay. And as we all know Ebay can be a bit of a lottery sometimes. I'll admit that Si's stick on dash looks very good but i've seen some awful ones as well.

Here's my one from Nic.

I would love to be able to get Nic to have the Dash Prts costed, they are however out of my price range for now.

The kits advertised by BD Trims is likey to be my preffered option at present, however their UK website seems no longer to be active and theres no sign of them selling on Ebay at present. Will try to call their office in the USA to see if they will ship to UK.

Heckler, your's look great and similar to the effect that im after. BD trims do these in Simulated Carbon Fiber, Real Black Carbon Fiber and Real Silver Carbon Fiber

Resolutions not to good on my monitor any idea which kit you used?

I would love to be able to get Nic to have the Dash Prts costed, they are however out of my price range for now.

The kits advertised by BD Trims is likey to be my preffered option at present, however their UK website seems no longer to be active and theres no sign of them selling on Ebay at present. Will try to call their office in the USA to see if they will ship to UK.

Heckler, your's look great and similar to the effect that im after. BD trims do these in Simulated Carbon Fiber, Real Black Carbon Fiber and Real Silver Carbon Fiber

Resolutions not to good on my monitor any idea which kit you used?

Mine is the simulated carbon.

If you like the look of the coated dash that Nics supplies why dont you wait till funds allow and then buy it?

I have impulse bought cheaper alternatives in the past because i couldn't afford to get what i wanted straight away and have regretted it.

You don't have to do everything at once - Rome wasn't built in a day :D

I do not know if you are aware of it or not but you can buy the kit that does the same thing as Nic's offering...

http://www.potn.co.uk/-_c2913_3188_p2705000.htm

I am not sure of the prices of Nic's dash bits so do not know if you would make any savings. Then of course there is the added hassle of doing it yourself so Nics dash bits might appeal to someone who cannot be bothered or does not want to take the chance of messing it up. ;)

I have purchased one of the FTD kits and will be trying it out shortly on my Soarer

I do not know if you are aware of it or not but you can buy the kit that does the same thing as Nic's offering...

http://www.potn.co.uk/-_c2913_3188_p2705000.htm

I am not sure of the prices of Nic's dash bits so do not know if you would make any savings. Then of course there is the added hassle of doing it yourself so Nics dash bits might appeal to someone who cannot be bothered or does not want to take the chance of messing it up. ;)

I have purchased one of the FTD kits and will be trying it out shortly on my Soarer

I've tried these and the finish you get from this type of kit is poor in comparison. You will also need more than one kit to do the whole of the dash, which would end up more than I charge including postage.

I use a factory which makes OEM and after market car interior parts, so the finish is very high quality and very durable.

I'm in the process of updating the interior of my Silver 93 NA and amongst other items im looking to do something with the dash - considered painting but don't have the time to remove the rubberised coating.

Nic can get parts coated in a Carbon Fibre, however costs are too high for my budget at present!!

Im hoping to get the Seats retrimmed later in this year in Black and Grey (hence lack of remaining budget) adding a Momo Millennium Sports Steering Wheel with grey colour through it

Therefore im left looking at installing a trim kit, preferably looking at a carbon fibre effect - any advice on products available and achieved results would be appreciated, particularly any pictures of installed examples.

There are a couple of companies who seem to sell kits that cover more than just the basic dash items, I'm mainly concerned that these will not stick well and lift in time and that the also may or may not fit precisely.

I got a MOMO Millennium steering wheel coming up for sale as soon as my new one arrives from Nic.

That is if you don't already got one :ok: