The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Resetting the ECU

Flipfinger

I'm almost at my wits' end with this frigging air-bag light, having not found the sensors I wonder if re-setting the ECU will help....

What are the implications if I do reset it?  And will it solve the problem do you think?

Bear in mind, I've all the technical know-how to fit a performance air-freshener!

I've no idea.

I came to the deduction that it's just the light being erroneously on because the car has recently been imported and the speedo changed to MPH.

I can't find the sensors that work on a TT, obviously my car doesn't have Traction Control, so using the TC ports won't work - if they exist at all!

All you do is follow the instructions on the MKIV website. According to my data, regardless of the fact your car is N/A, you should *still* have a diagnostic port mounted on the intake manifold (about in line with the LH strut turret). The other test port is located about the centre of the panel just above you knees when sitting in the drivers' seat.

Yours,

J