The mkiv Supra Owners Club

charging stabiliser

uk-rich

if they are that bad im surprised greddy make them at all !

hang on, some will mention hks induction kits shortly and the fact that hks make them !!

:blahblah:

Exactly mate. These big companies are there to make money. If they can do that be selling a product they will - regardless of its effectiveness.

:yeahthat: It's not really made by G'reddy; neither are the ones "made" by Apex'i, HKS or Blitz that all look identical.

Their made by some spotty youth in his Dad's garden shed with left overs from Maplin's bin bags.

And is it me, or do their 'scientific results' seem to claim they have magically improved the Earthing of the whole car's engine and body???

This is an excellent way to add 'bling' in your engine bay, and impress your friends with the technology* behind it. Some of them will even claim to 'feel' the difference, according to the testiclemonials.

Why all this scepticism and bad faith?

Buy first, and if it doesn't blow up your electrical system, it must be doing something good.

* rumoured to be alien, from that dissected in Roswell perhaps

i bought one similar from the states on the premise that it protects the ecu from power surges from things like jump starting and the alternator.... yes, no???

You already have a device that protects the ECU from surges. It's called a fuse. A capacitor won't do that.

Modern ecus are already very well protected aginst surge, reverse polarity, arc welding, blah blah. If people want to waste 25 quid on a shiny, useless "gizmo" I'll start making some shiny tubes with wires sticking out! I pity people who buy these in good faith, I abhor people who sell them, it's a virtual con, IMO.