The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insuring a big single, under 25

GeordieSteve

I've got this problem too dude :( Debating about whether not to bother informing them because my policy with Elephant runs out in August, it's void right now anyway because i've got a BOV (although that's a quick fix unlike a single!

What's really needed for trade insurance anyone?

Guest Flat4_ire
I've got this problem too dude :( Debating about whether not to bother informing them because my policy with Elephant runs out in August, it's void right now anyway because i've got a BOV (although that's a quick fix unlike a single!

What's really needed for trade insurance anyone?

i have trade insurance at 22 :ok: went in to the insurance company and told them i was importing cars and buying and selling etc and i need a policy that will cover me on anything etc, got it for €2300, about £1600 :p

Guest Flat4_ire
I got a lad who'll do me insurance on all vehicles. Nice lad, prepared to help me get the cheapest insurance. Might stick the old man on there an all to bring it down a bit

yeah def man, my father is with me too, €800 for him, i wish i was 55yrs old! haha..its handy, no ringing them up, just have a laminated disc which u put into any car u jump into ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
I just realised you were in Ireland as well. Isn't insurance insane over there???

yes its crazy man!! im 22 and have my full license 4 years so im not too bad, plus im insured with the father on the policy too, still the price i got for a trade policy is un real! :yes: most guys here my age are restricted to normal 1.4 1.6 golfs, maybe 1.8 integra type r's if they are lucky

Guest Flat4_ire
Job done... trade it is! Cheers mate

no hassle, its the only way to go, if i didnt have the trade policy it wud just be a diesel for work and thats that..feck that though!!:faint:

Guest Flat4_ire
What company's you with dudes? Share the wealth ;) Do you have to prove that you trade in anyway?

im with ARB, went through a broker and he was a sound chap, he said i should say im selling 20+plus cars a year etc, i didnt need "proof" as such, depends tho, this was a year ago, i bet they are catching on to it now tho!!

Guest Flat4_ire
Oh aye yeah, i rang him for a quote in the summer, he knows about a single :D Wouldn't insure me then at the time, will mention trade this time around though :thumbs:

by the way your supra is absolutely stunning man!! love them racing hart rims