The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standard '98 Supra TT 6sp VVTi VS R32 GTR Skyline comparison

Guest Oblit3ration

Guest Oblit3ration

Hi all,

Does anyone have any comparrisons between these two cars?

A: 1998 Supra Twin Turbo 6 Speed manual

B: 1991 R32 GTR 2.6 Twin Turbo

Basically I'm just wondering if either is quicker, better handling, or generally a better car to drive than the other? Whats the performance comparrison as well?

Appologies is this seems a weird thread, but I have my reasons for asking :)

I.e. a friend had a unbelievably mint '98 Supra that was totally standard that only had approx 13,000 miles on it when he bought it. It was very quick (to me) and I am now thinking of either getting an older Supra (still a TT manual) or a very very clean standard-ish R32 GTR and would like some peoples views on both if they have them.

Sorry it's paid up members only!

A little discussion on supra V's Skyline (A bit like Batman versus Superman!)

One of the comments:

'I got an R32 GTR as my 'backup' car ... and I love it. Totally different from the Supe, but still great fun.

Stock R32 GTR vs stock Supra TT would be pretty even to be honest .... the good news is that my Supe tears the R32 to bits. But it's having some work done, so I may struggle in the future against it'

They are two different cars...they are designed for different things.

You have to drive both to decide which you like most....but the Supra will cost less to run and insure.

:yeahthat:

remember the R32 will also be older which is what put me off buying one. + the insurance was much higher too

both standard performance is simlar, the skyline will probably have more grip "off the lights" or in the rain but the supra more power at higher speeds.

Like Alex said the only way of chosing is test driving them both. you're gunna get bias opinions coming from a Supra forum, likewise if you went on a skyline site.

a couple of my friends have them and not had any trouble with them but nor have i with mine *touches wood*