The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie saying hello and asking for advice

Guest Mad Russ

Guest Mad Russ

Hello Hello

I have a Nissan 200sx modified for track use and a company car. I'm thinking of ditching the company car and buying a Supra 3.0 NA for the missis and to use as a run around.

Any advice that you can all give me, what to look for, common faults, expensive faults, etc????

I have £5000 to spend max but would like a UK car ideally as I've found that insurance companys don't want to touch her on a import. Has anyone else found this? A FTO GPX was £500 more to insure that the supra!

What's the differance between the UK and Jap spec models?

Thanks in advance

Guest Mad Russ

Didn't know that the NA was import only. I just assumed the the insurance quotes was for a UK model as they were online quotes. Well just goes to show assumptions is the mother of all xxxxxxx ups

Thanks for the link. I feel like a bit of a nooob now should of checked first though :twak:

Thanks again

Guest Mad Russ

I run a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 MIVEC as a company car at the mo that does 17mpg round the town and 23mpg at motorway speeds (drive to work) surly the Supra can be worse than that?

I run a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 MIVEC as a company car at the mo that does 17mpg round the town and 23mpg at motorway speeds (drive to work) surly the Supra can be worse than that?
Oh yes, much worse. I average 18mpg at motorway speeds. I don't want to work out 'around town' figures but it's not good.