The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Sideskirts are these?

JamesArup

Can anybody confirm that the sideskirts on my car are JDM ones? I am almost 100% certain that they are not UK ones (afterall .. it is a Jspec), but I just need to confirm that they are JDM (see attached pics). If so, does anyone know where I can get a new one (passenger side), or a pair if required asap. :clap:

As some of you may, or may not, know .. an Audi TT hit me recently, and the parts are just being ordered (5 weeks after the accident ... don't ask see http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=52586). My guys have got a door etc, but are having a hard time sourcing JDM sideskirts. It's either that, or I go for aftermarket ones instead.

Thx for any help .. cheers,

J :clap: :cool:

bn_DSC00118_JPG.jpg

bn_DSC00708_JPG.jpg

Supra3_1024x768_jpg.jpg

That Doluck nose looks sweet on a black car :ok: :OK:
It's not Do-Luck. It's made by Zeek (aka Imec (sp) Japan). I only know of 2 in the country :thumbs: . The good news is that I am having a remould done sometime next week, so there will be spares - watch this space!! :p :D

As for the skirts. Yes .. the ones on there are plastic (that's what my bodywork guys have been worrying about as there is a significant hole it it), so they are deffo original ones.

Cheers, J :thumbs:

Oh .. the other thing I want to know ....

I'm having the car fully resprayed. Nothing too alarming, just black again. Not sure whether to go for a new coat of standard black, or something a bit different. Some on the BMW, Honda and Merc metallic blacks look really nice. Add about 3 layers of top quality laquer and it should shine like the day it was made :p

Cheers, J :ok:

Im pretty sure the optional side skirts were never available on the UK spec cars. So it wont be on the parts list for UK specs. Apparently its quite tricky to find them on the j-spec parts list so if you do get the correct part number do let us know.

The other option is a set of replicas from somebody like Miami or Whiffbitz. They will be fibreglass though and so will not take knocks quite as well as the original plastic ones.

You might also want to look at the Stillen plastic side skirts, they are very flexible and will take some good knocks without too many problems.

this is a picture of my car with the Stillens on

http://img171.echo.cx/img171/9671/gtbattle050897ku.jpg

JB

Who's is that black supe in the first posts? Looks like its got Work Rezax rims on like mine :)

That would be James A's! the poster of this thread!lol!:p

As Branners said, they were not an option for the UK cars, I'm on the same lines as you James regarding to spraying, may go for original black but would be nice to have something a little nicer than that.

John - do you have pics from the front showing the Stillen nose too (I think you have these?)

Just thinking about going this route - full Stillen set with Trial rear

Im still on a stock front. Terry Saunders has the stillen front and sides with Veilside spats I believe.

Heres a link to the jtuna article which shows a good front/side shot.

http://www.supravvti.com/images/jt5.jpg

and a side/rear shot

http://www.supravvti.com/images/rear_left_wing.jpg

That would be James A's! the poster of this thread!lol!:p

Aye .. It is indeed my car in the pics. The wheels are Volks Evolution 4's. I've not seen them on another car yet :yu:

Does anyone know roughly what it would cos to replace one of these factory option sideskirts. I don't want the insurance quoting for some standard ones, if these are a lot more expensive!

How much are the Ridox skirts as a matter of interest :p

Cheers, J