The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flashing slip cont

CardiffSupra

Iv had my car around 8 months now, since driving it home iv had od off flashing every time, wich im not to worried about as its just little electrical fault, Slip cont off flashing after about 1hr of driving mostly comes on when iv just come off a motorway.

What is the flashing Slip cont off? no warning lights come on, i just hope its nothing serious, it worries me when it comes on and i stop the car and give it a rest, the light stops flashing untill i drive it again for another 3/4 hr - 1hr.

The front acctive spoiler has been taken out for some reason and some lights are gone in the dash, could these be anything to do with it? :shrug:

Cheers Gareth.

The speed pulse is converted from km to mph by some electronics. This is what Chris Wilson is referring to. It involves cutting into the wiring loom and then routing the new pulse to the odometer, speedo, power steering, cruise control and active spoiler ECU`s if your car is a GZ. A "Shoddy" conversion at a SVA centre will often give those funny warning lights you have referred to. It could be a dry solder joint or a badly crimped connector or a faulty convertor module.:limp: