The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This sucks

Gazboy

Just renewed the insurance, while checking the details I questioned about the brakes, as the Missus took out the original policy. The bit that burns is that the ins co wont replace like for like in the even of a claim- I'd get back those shitty jdm minimalistic bullshit 2 pots not the UK specs.

It appears you can have an OEM upgraded stereo for no charge, but not something that will stop you dying- oh, and it cost me an extra £60pa.

Should have kept my gob shut.

Twunt.

Gaz

When dealing with insurance companies, I always take the stand that in cases where the uprated part was a factory fit option to that particular model, (eg UK spec brakes, Bilstein shocks, OEM sideskirts,) it doesn't need to be declared, if it's an aftermarket part (exhaust, BOV, NOS ;) aftermarket alloys, Brembo brakes etc.) then it does.

Personally I'd phone the insurance co. and argue that the brakes were available on J-spec cars from the factory and need not even be mentioned.