The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Power

Supra-Dupra

I put the double decat on 2 days ago, but only got out last night for a good run.

I hit the motorway, was doing about 110 -120 when I pushed to go flat out it let a small pop (or hiss which felt like pressure being released) and i started losing power ! (The warning light came on the right hand side of the steering wheel for a few secs)

Now today I find the car wont budge over 30mph ? Is this because I have nt fitted the fuel cut defender yet or is it something else ? Tubbies are roaring as usual but just not sending power ?

Sitting in work now looking out at it, I just wanna get out there and fix it :( let me go....

The picks up speed to 30 but very slow, then wont go faster !

the hissing sounds like a pipe off or split. This is prob way off but i was driving a merc van and ther was a his and then no power. wouldnt rev above 3000rpm. turbo pipe was split. when no pressure seemed to be fine wen under pressure split opens, no power.

may be coil pack but wouldnt explane hissing.

does sound like an intake pipe has popped off somewhere, should be easy to locate and fix.

There is no way the FCD (or lack of) could cause this sort of behaviour. if you havn't got one yet, if you hit over 1(ish) bar boost for more than a moment it will feel like you have slammed into a wall, as all power is cut!

anyway, worth remembering that you will probably want to reset the ECU if you haven't already. Mine didn't run right for a while, until I did this, then it was a different car altogether! :woot: :D

Once i get offf work ill get a look at it and let ya know !!

does sound like an intake pipe has popped off somewhere, should be easy to locate and fix.

There is no way the FCD (or lack of) could cause this sort of behaviour. if you havn't got one yet, if you hit over 1(ish) bar boost for more than a moment it will feel like you have slammed into a wall, as all power is cut!

anyway, worth remembering that you will probably want to reset the ECU if you haven't already. Mine didn't run right for a while, until I did this, then it was a different car altogether! :woot: :D

Leave the fuse off for a bit do the job ye?

sorry, been out just got in, ok yep easiest way is to remove the ECU fuse(s) - think IIRC there are 2 green ones - the lid tells you which. I left them out for a couple of mins to be sure but it should reset pretty instantly.

I found it took a couple of full blast runs before the car was on full form, but it sure did make a difference!

nice one finding and fixing the pipe, sounds like you're all sorted :D

sorry, been out just got in, ok yep easiest way is to remove the ECU fuse(s) - think IIRC there are 2 green ones - the lid tells you which. I left them out for a couple of mins to be sure but it should reset pretty instantly.

I found it took a couple of full blast runs before the car was on full form, but it sure did make a difference!

nice one finding and fixing the pipe, sounds like you're all sorted :D

Ye, happy nothing serious after waiting ages to get last pipe ! I did pop out the fuses for a couple of minutes, both 10A marked ECU-A and ECU-B i think !

Anyway have left the hose off for now as its too dark out will fix it morrow in daylight !

Cheers Chilli.....:respekt:

Ye, happy nothing serious after waiting ages to get last pipe ! I did pop out the fuses for a couple of minutes, both 10A marked ECU-A and ECU-B i think !

Anyway have left the hose off for now as its too dark out will fix it morrow in daylight !

Cheers Chilli.....:respekt:

As Jake said, It's the Two 'EFI' fuses you need to take out. Both Green and 30 AMP

As Jake said, It's the Two 'EFI' fuses you need to take out. Both Green and 30 AMP

Yes i did this but for some reason i had the 10A ones from the drivers footwell in my head at time of posting ! All done now !

Anyway the dam IC hose keeps popping off every time ! need new ring straps id say !

Yes i did this but for some reason i had the 10A ones from the drivers footwell in my head at time of posting ! All done now !

Anyway the dam IC hose keeps popping off every time ! need more ring straps id say !

If it's Jubilee clips, try tightening with a socket set if you haven't already done so and only using a screwdriver