The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kanto Auto Works Sticker - Anyone else?

Pete

I've hot a silver sticker under the bonnet with Kanto Auto Works written on it.

Digging on the net found this :

http://www.automotive-business-review.com/companyprofile.asp?guid=343D0BB1-C9D5-4406-820C-89EC6DDC1949

Kanto Automobile Corporation (Kanto) is one of the leading manufacturers of auto-bodies in Japan. The majority of these bodies are used in the construction of cars for the company's largest shareholder - Toyota.

Does anyone else have a Kanto sticker under their bonnet?

It just seems a bit weird for it to be there. :shrug:

• 4 weeks later...
do you suspect yours has been re-shelled or something Pete?

No. It's just I've never seen it on other Supras and I thought it was a tuning comapny and was surprised to learn that Kanto Autoworks are the people that make the bodies of our cars. Seemed odd.

• 14 years later...

I’m actually looking to see if anyone reproduced the standard stickers for things like the tyre pressure settings, or the sticker on the underside of the bonnet. I’m getting a full respray and thought I’d do a search.

Couldn’t resist replying to this thread why I found it though :D.

I’m actually looking to see if anyone reproduced the standard stickers for things like the tyre pressure settings, or the sticker on the underside of the bonnet. I’m getting a full respray and thought I’d do a search.

Couldn’t resist replying to this thread why I found it though :D.

One of our Dutch club members had a professional screen printing sticker company make those. I'll ask how far along they are with that process but it's looking good. The only main difference with the OE sticker will be that it's all black lettering instead of R134 being silver. I believe they are also making the tire pressure sticker for the 16 & 17 inch wheels.

attachment.php?attachmentid=236272&stc=1&d=1591694920

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-01 at 12.00.24.jpeg

One of our Dutch club members had a professional screen printing sticker company make those. I'll ask how far along they are with that process but it's looking good. The only main difference with the OE sticker will be that it's all black lettering instead of R134 being silver. I believe they are also making the tire pressure sticker for the 16 & 17 inch wheels.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=236272&stc=1&d=1591694920

Amazing stuff, thanks very much for the info as this is exactly what I am looking for. :D

I’ve got this on both of my cars, just the factory that produced your car Pete. Hope you weren’t waiting long on a reply :D.

I've been sat here rocking waiting for someone to respond. Thanks.

Amazing stuff, thanks very much for the info as this is exactly what I am looking for. :D

If you're ordering some of these I may be in on that. I just need to remind myself what stickers are usually there and if I do/don't have them already.