The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Condition and Compression test?

Tricky-Ricky

In need of some feedback on this, when to view a GZ TT Auto today, discovered it had some accident damage at some point, mainly cosmetic so far as i could see, ding to nearside rear quarter, and a curious one above the drivers side quarter light? its also had a blow over as well underneath was OK no chassis damage that i could see, drove fine if a little heavy on the steering, felt strong, got 76 K (i think) on it but there is no record of the klm before it was converted! stamped service history from when it entered UK in 97, but on looking in the oil filler it looked a bit to much crud build up for very regular oil changes, not terrible but nowhere near as clean as my 80K s14! are Supras prone to this? also did a compression test with some strange results as follows after a good run, got: 1ST dry test in bar

1=13.5

2=12.0

3=12.6

4=12.8

5=13.1

6=10.5 !! so tried again and got 11.2

1ST wet test

1=14.0

2=13.1

3=13.4

4=11.3!!!??

5=13.7

6=12.7

2AND wet test, as i wasn't sure if there was a slight leak from seal!

1=14.1

2=13.9

3=13.8

4=12.1!! had another go and got 12.5

5=14.1

6=13.2

as you can see they are good overall, but a bit to much of a gap between cylinders, or is this more common? looks a bit like it could be sticky rings?

no signs of smoke, a little oil in pipe to air filter but i have seen similar with no problem,

now i have no great problem with the past damage, as it looks like its been done OK, and i can do bodywork and spray anyway! but its the engine that concerns me, its pretty quiet, but after its been run it has what i would describe as a rising and falling drone, like a pulley bearing, or droning belt! but it seems to come from the rear of the engine???

Now as this is a possible exchange/px for my very modded S14, i need some Supra experienced persons opinion? also its priced at 7750 which i'm now don't think it worth now i have seen it! your comments appreciated, sorry for the long post, and it here because i thought more people might take a look.

cant help with any of this mate, you may want to post it up in the technical section as its probably got missed in here

OK thanks, i have now posted in technical to:yes:

really need some feedback on this, as its a possible ex/px for my s14 Silvia which i have put a lot of time effort and money into, and its not that often that someone with a Supra wants to ex/px, unless there is anyone on here that wants a 350bhp s14?