The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Injectors on BPU ?

Supra-Dupra

Are the duty cycle for 440's at 1.2 Bar .. @ 100% ?

If so, wouldn't an FPR be a useful mod ? Increasing the flow pressure, lowering the duty cycle .. but making the 440's flow more fuel than they were actually designed for ? Or alternatively 550's and a SAFC.

That was question btw ;) Just curious.

My 440cc injectors were running 90+% duty at 1.2bar which is very near their limit. A set of UK spec 550cc (and resistor pack) or aftermarket replacement 550cc injectors such as Sard or Power Extreme would be a good idea IMO. You'll need something like the emanage to be able to control them though.

If you need prices for any of the above, just give me a shout.

Think mine must be hitting the limit but producing 395 at the hubs reliably with acceptable EGT's they are fine. The parts are on my car to easily step up to hybrids or a big single. If you go with hybrids 550cc's will do the job if you go budget end single 650cc's are an idea. On a BPU motor running 300-330 at the wheels there is no real requirement to step up to 550cc's.

Well you can, easily, but it's not a good idea.

Well its a great idea if you want to tell your mates down the pub you run 1.5 bar and don't mind melting your pistons, tubbies, and exhaust manifold. Otherwise its a bit of a sh*t idea. Mine runs to negative power from 1.15 bar ie above that I start to exponentially lose power.