The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi..I'm New

Guest jasonc

Hi ALL,

I'm new and just thought i would say hi and ask a question, as i've been unable to get the answers from the search button ;). I'm looking at selling my Rev3 MR2 Turbo and getting a Supra RZ TT 6-Speed. But the problem i have is weather to get the post 1997 VVTi version or stick with a pre 1997 as i know that anything before 1995 i can decat it, and i would be looking to mod it but not to much though :).

Also what are the best sources for second hand parts like the UK Spec or Aftermarket brakes, etc.. as i know the J-Spec has some weak points that i would like to try and factor in the costs.

Thanks In Advance !!

Yours

Jason

Hello! :)

All the Supra's can be decatted regardless of year, most just re-fit the second cat to get it through the MOT.

Nic, a member on here can get you a good price on brakes and other stuff.

Some of the J spec cars had the larger brakes already fitted, mine did.

There isn't many at all VVTI 6 speed cars around.

My J spec VVTI 6 speed doesn't have any weak points! :D

Hi and Welcome Jasonc :read:

I see your from Manchester you might want to come over to the Muscrat Manor meetings every 2nd Monday of the month (next meet 9th Jan) its open to all types of Jap cars so not just soops there, abit quiet this time of the year,

Enjoy the Club

Cheers

Ian

Nic, a member on here can get you a good price on brakes and other stuff.

That'd be me, cheers merckx :thumbs:

Welcome to the club Jason, as said you will find all the parts and help you require on here.

The larger spec brakes were an option on the J-spec cars and came as standard on most of the later model Supras. I can get the larger brakes from here at very good prices and have supplied a lot of members on the forum.

Have a look in the FAQ in Tech Section, lots of very useful threads for new members and members looking to buy their first car. Good luck with your search :ok:

Wow little stuned with the warmth and welcome, very much appricated. Hopefully over the next few months i will be more then likely bothering all of you with stupid questions ;). No seriously though thanks for the welcome !!