The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just to say Hi + Modding a UK Spec - Same as Jap??

Peter P

Hey all,

Been a VERY long time since I was on this forum! So long I couldn't remember or find my login details so a new ID for me!!

I went to one of the Camber Sands runs a few years back now when Justin Fodden was on the scene! oh and JIC was the place to buy Supes from!! My partner at the time drove a Silver Veilside kitted twin turbo which suprised a few people when I had to confess it was hers!! :rolleyes:

I know a couple of the people on here namely Paul Whiffin and a chap called Steve Linton who are both top blokes!

I've moved up from an MR2 G-Ltd to a couple of 300ZX TT's to my current R33 GTS-25T and am now after my dream car namely a Twin-Turbo Supe!! :respekt: (Just waiting on bonuses which should be around Feb!).

Enough with the intro's - Does anyone know if there are any differences when buying tuning parts for a UK spec car from say Japan or the US? I know that the UK cars have some uprated parts as standard over the J-Spec namely bigger brakes, glass headlights, bigger oil cooler and metal blades in the tubbies but are the engines identical?? (both badged as 2JZ-GTE as far as I can tell!!).

Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be posting a lot more and from memory this was by far the best forum I've been part of!!

Cheers to all and a Happy Christmas and a fab New Year to you all!

Pete :thanku:

Cheers for that Ro m8.

(was getting a bit worried!!! 30 odd views and no messages?!?!)

The hi bit was more the reason for the thread as there doesn't appear to be a newbie area?!?!?

Thanks again for that and will search the FAQ's for more info on the UK/Jap Spec divide!

:thanku:

Pete

I know that the UK cars have some uprated parts as standard over the J-Spec namely bigger brakes, glass headlights, bigger oil cooler and metal blades in the tubbies but are the engines identical?? (both badged as 2JZ-GTE as far as I can tell!!).

Actually neither has an oil cooler at all (unless you count the little water cooled bit where the filter attaches). UKs had a diff cooler though where Jspecs don't. UKs have a MAF (airflow) sensor in the intake whereas Jspecs have a MAP (pressure) sensor. Apart from later VVTi Jspecs which have both. Big brakes were optional on Jspecs apart from the facelift RZ where they were standard. UKs have the EGR exhaust gas recirculation system for emissions. Oh, and the trac system on UKs is plumbed into the brakes as well whereas the Jspec just uses the throttle. Think that's about it!

Will reiterate what I said to start with great info all and really helpful! This forum is still the best for tech info and help!! If I wasn't already part of the Skyline Owners Club I can guarantee that without a username like 'BuxomBetty' I'd get no responses at all!!! :clap:

Thanks again and hope to speak to you all again soon and maybe see some of you at the Japshow in 2006??

Does the camber sands runs still take place or is that a thing of the past now??

:thanku:

Pete

Guest Terry S

Hi Peter, god Justin Foden, thats a real blast from the past!

Anyway, there are numerous differences in the cars, but most wont affect your tuning of it.

Off the top of my head:

ECU

Cams

Turbos

Manifold

Downpipe

Gearing

Injectors ( size & impedance)

EGR system ( JDM doesnt use it)

Probably missed a fair few!

feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

Hi Peter, god Justin Foden, thats a real blast from the past!

Anyway, there are numerous differences in the cars, but most wont affect your tuning of it.

Off the top of my head:

ECU

Cams

Turbos

Manifold

Downpipe

Gearing

Injectors ( size & impedance)

EGR system ( JDM doesnt use it)

Probably missed a fair few!

feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

Don't forget the lovely bonnet scoop and the front bumper dildos!

• 2 weeks later...