The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a bit help

wanna supra

Bought a Supra on Wednesday from Bradford

When hazardly driving home to Newcastle in the snow I noticed that a red light had come on (in the middle of the rev counter). Not only that but a yellow light (think its the engine management light) was on also.

I rang the kid who I'd bought it off and he said if i turn it off and then back on it would reset my ecu and it should be fine.

Ive done this and the yellow light has gone off, but when thecar warms up the red light comes back on.

Just to add a little more to this story. I popped the bonnet to check water levels etc and noticed that the radiator has the tinyest of holes in the top and water is spurting out.

Any advice, (Radweld / New Radiator)?

New radiator.

If it's sold as seen privately then you don't really have a leg to stand on, it's upto you to test it before handing over the cash. Now you just need to fix the issues.

What year/spec is it?

In our FAQ section there is a way of finding out what code it's throwing up (which is causing the engine mangement light) have a look in technical FAQ's.

Envy are in Newcastle and can help you with diagnosis and parts supply.....contact Kevin Huntley on here.

Just had my rad gone on the top tank. If the water is coming out of the core area rad weld will get you through and the core can be fixed at a small cost. However if it is either tanks (top or bottom) this is made from plastic and cannot be fixed. Best get a new rad if the latter cenario.

What spec Supra did you get in the end fella? Got any pics?

Had a similar problem but not to do with the rad. I stopped in traffic and the car cut out, started it up and it sounded rough and hardly moved. The warning light in the middle of the rev counter was on and a yellow one on the right hand side of the dash - i thought this was a coolant light, almost looks like a tap? Anyway, I reset the ECU by removing the 2 fuses and its been fine since. Possibly just a serge or something?

Gaz

Call steve Manely here is the details: - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41383

It is £230ish for a new rad. £50 extra will be charged as you have to send them your old rad and then they give you the £50 back.

Give him a call, very helpful chap and I will be buying my new rad from there or may fork out for an aftermarket one but I have been told that they are no better than the stock.....

Cheers,

Ray