The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVti, reas, T04Z, F-con pro, 6speed Supra

Chiefgroover

REAS? As in the newer version of TEMs? TBH, knowing that your serious about tracks etc, I would just get some really nice shocks instead, will be far more capable in corners. Something like Advance design or Ground Control. Lots of high-end stuff out there beyond Tein/HKS etc.

Otherwise, providing you can get someone to map the F-con (Abbey?), would be very nice. Glad to see your staying with a Supra, you last one was very nice, this is your chance to top it.

Been through a few suspension options, and i think the REAS will do my job best as I cant stand a go kart ride and my local roads are dug up every other month. I like a bit of suspension movement on the track, great for pitching drifts at corners. REAS comes cheap when its OEM :-)

I am after a turnkey car so buying parts and mapping etc can be some elses headache this time.

It will take ages I am sure so I'll just have to be patient.!.

T04Z is slow to boost from what I've seen. A T67 is basically the same but in DBB form MUCH faster to spool.

I've attached Ian's non DBB T67 and SupraGold's DBB T04Z dyno pulls and you can see that the non DBB T67 is faster to spool and produces a better spread of power, and infect more power for less boost (Ian's 67 is at 1.4bar/SupraGold's T04Z is at 1.6bar). By March '06, Ian should have his DBB67 and eManage Ultimate in and these should see a hefty reduction ins spool time.

Having said all that the T04Z is a nice kit, very pretty. I believe TDI have fitted a kit to a VVTi supra out there, but unless you import one personally which meets your specification I doubt you'll find one in the UK....oh and then the ESVA will probably stop you importing a VVTi.

Personally I'd either buy Terry's/TRD3000's car or I'd actually go for a 96 facelift freshly imported/built.

(REAS isn't standard on VVTi's (as I found out :( ) So again it's not something you can't guarentee to get on a car that meets your criteria in other ways.)

Ian.jpg

T04Z-SupGold-1.jpg

This spec appeals to me next, anyone got such a car?

The only member I know of that has the T-04Z fitted is 'Supragold', I think he said he had the first one supplied by HKS in Europe.

My tuners recently built a 3.4L, T-04Z, F-Con Pro V Supra, some photos [thread=38818]HERE[/thread].

BTW Ernie, I can supply these kits at a very good deal, give me a shout if/when you need details :ok:

I'd go for a beater cheap ass 93 JDM manual, and gut it, build the engine and suspension and have another beater as a daily driver :D

But he probably want's one in a proper colour like RSP ;) :p

IMO the best Supra to modify (pound for pound) is the 1996 ish facelift manual j-spec. It's also the rarest which makes things tricky.

Been through a few suspension options, and i think the REAS will do my job best as I cant stand a go kart ride and my local roads are dug up every other month. I like a bit of suspension movement on the track, great for pitching drifts at corners. REAS comes cheap when its OEM :-)

I am after a turnkey car so buying parts and mapping etc can be some elses headache this time.

It will take ages I am sure so I'll just have to be patient.!.

Good handling does not have to mean hard suspension. Some of the best (£££) shocks available for the Supra do not give the harsh rides akin to Jap aftermartet suspension, which is usaully more drift-focused.

If your looking for a pre-built car, that is going to be a hard combo to find. May still be easier to buy a stock one and make exactly what you want. Especially given that (IMHO) most modded cars that come over from Japan are sheds.

Fair enough. :)

Hard suspension will bite you in the ass at the Ring fella :)

You aint joking!

A little "toon" for you :woot:

Oversteer, understeer, drifting free, the sliders of wimbledon common are we,

taking out all of the ditches we find, things to miss everyday, you may leave behind.

:thumbs:

You'll look a right womble at the ring with your coilovers screwed up tight lol.;)

Been through a few suspension options, and i think the REAS will do my job best as I cant stand a go kart ride and my local roads are dug up every other month.

REAS does imo give a very nice ride with lots of suspension movement but limited roll. The lack of roll round roundabouts for instance leads you to think you have a quite stiff suspension, which you can find out isn't the case when you go over an unfamiliar speed bump as it compresses / sags way more than you'd think and can ground out quite easily. I'd say it would fit your needs perfectly the only thing i don't know about is how they are replaced, if its expensive or whether the fluid link up is bleed simply, like brake pipes? but the NA i had is on 60K miles and the shocks are all fine (and almost certainly original).................