The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP Crashed my 95 N/A

JODY T

Hello all

Ive just been caught out by my N/A soop on would you believe it a pretty sraight road doing 30 mph, it just decided to go sideways and throw me into a nice brick wall, NOT HAPPY!! Shes now got a pretty bad black eye!

Ive strpped her down and she doesnt look too bad underneith the pannels, think shell need a jig though.....

does anyone have picks of their crashed cars that were repaired for some knd of reference to how bad mine is...

trying to tell myself 'my cup is half full' but need a litle help

Ill post some picks as soon as i can work out how 2 do it

Cheers Guys

well...with paying 450 for bonnet, wing and bumper second hand, i bought everything else new, lights inner wing, front panel, new hub and wish bone, jigging etc etc plus labour came to about £3900. but i needed loads of silly bits like clips, screwes, bulb holders, plugs, ABS sensor and loom, wheel which all began to add up hence the £3900 total. only £1700 was labour! to paint, fix and striaghten and repair the lot!

car rear!.JPG

Damn! thats got to hurt the wallet

Did you do any of the work yourself? I thought ide save by doing the dismantling and assembly myself, (it all helps)

Ive got her stripped ready to go to garage for jigging, tuesday next week, i hope ive got away with needing to replace the inner wing, the front panel is bent slightly but not kinked so im hoping (PRAYING) that it can be saved.

Ive got to be optimistic and hope that the suspension isnt damaged (Both wheels point in the same direction!) or that ll be even more cash

Think its gonna be a little project for me over the next few months, but im having trouble finding second hand part like the bonnet and wings... Pain in the backside but im in no rush..

Cant claim on insurance coz ill loose my claims bonus then never be able to get another soop (Was gonna get a TT in April)

Got to keep the dream alive somehow.....

Im 24 and insured with Norwich Union (I worked for them at time)

Ide had the policy for a few month and found it very hard to get insured untll i was 25 as it was staff they did it but it wasnt cheap with a 1400 excess

it runs out middle of jan so was gonna see what SKY could do for me but at the moment thats the least of my worries

Trying to load pics so u guys can wince at my pride and Joy

thats gonna be easy to repair if it dont need jigging

1 its not a TT so nothing damaged engine wise from that point of view

2. Join up on here mate (£10) then post in wanted section for 16" alloy. These are not in high demand so there are loads of spares u can get cheap

3.Also post up you want a front bumper, im sure ur get one hand off here.

4. Headlight 2nd hand off here as well

5. Indicator for bumper 2nd hand (ur gettin the idea ;))

That doesnt look anywhere as bad as mine, my impact was right on the corner, smack bang on the head light! yours is more to the side! and i went up kirb so damaged everything on suspension! you'll be much better off than me mate! Also I couldnt repair mine through insurance, Im 22, have a TT with five years not protected no claims and already cost £2000! so i paid for it myself!

I have a front 16'' wheel, but its black, so needs a re-firb/painted, but your can have it cheap as chips

supe stripped.jpg

yeah, my wheels are black anthrite (very dark grey) but that sounds great

im gonna sort membership today so ill PM you and try and sort that wheel out mate, ill post a pick of the car dismantled so you can see

I think my only saving graces was having the son of a good accident repairer in the car at the time, he arranged to do all the work out of hours with my help, and lets just say i owe him one! big time

Keep fingers crossed everyone!