The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying advice needed.

Guest Jamie_B

Guest Jamie_B

I currently own a scooby which is great at the moment but I'm now going to need to do a few motorway miles and a Supra seems like the best option for me.

I've been looking around for a uk spec turbo but there doesn't seem to be much available or am I looking in the wrong place? i.e Autotrader and this forumn.

Any buying tips would be most appreciated :thumbs:

The search button is your friend:), which will most probably point to buying an import(check out the faq) then there will be the auto vs manual(search that too) IMO I'd stick with the scooby during these few months, you won't be moving very far in this weather in the supe.

Guest Jamie_B
The search button is your friend:), which will most probably point to buying an import(check out the faq) then there will be the auto vs manual(search that too) IMO I'd stick with the scooby during these few months, you won't be moving very far in this weather in the supe.

Thanks I'm just being lazy, I'll give the search button a go. The scooby is great in this sort of weather, I'm sure I'll miss the AWD. My old MR2 tubby was a little hairy in this kind of weather too :)

Yep, uk's will be hard to find and there's no real point hanging around for one unless your fine with auto's?, the only plus side to a uk over a jap in my eyes is that it seems that if you have a uk it'll be a lot less hassel to live with if your planning to go to stage 1 tune ie: no need for bigger injectors/fuel pump, bigger brakes and no need to go diggin behind the dash to convert the speedo and stuff which you would have with jap, but saying that you may be able to get a memebers car which has this done all for you!

Look at loads of supes before you buy!