The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finally bpu is sorted

ADD

Flynn - you may want to restrict the car to say 1 bar and use the bleed valve to up the boost when required. Some members do that.

I use an electric boost controller - normally switched off (1.0 bar) - car is 'safer/easier' to drive - turbos don't spool up as quick. When I fancy a play, then at a press of a button I get 1.2 bar! Makes it more fun as with no matter what power you have, you get used to it - this way I get more enjoyment!

I was going to do that, but figured I'd have it set on max anyway so for the price of a decent ebc it's a bit of a waste that I could spend on something I really would use, like rltc or something. I'm learning to excercise restraint with the right foot lol, that's my control...

well done :D you won't regret it, I'm still loving mine! you around the 1.2bar mark?

i'm hitting 1.2 this morning, normally just off it, when i blat the car and it changes down (auto) i get a loud popping noise from the exhaust, any ideas?

well from add's sig he is using IK24's, they are pretty good arn't they (think that's what's in mine) and they work ok

I get popping on over-run, think it's the lack of backpressure. You get popping on full boost? doesn't sound right, is the power delivery smooth?

Flynn - you may want to restrict the car to say 1 bar and use the bleed valve to up the boost when required. Some members do that.

I use an electric boost controller - normally switched off (1.0 bar) - car is 'safer/easier' to drive - turbos don't spool up as quick. When I fancy a play, then at a press of a button I get 1.2 bar! Makes it more fun as with no matter what power you have, you get used to it - this way I get more enjoyment!

Thanks for the info.

I had wondered why some people get rid of both cats and some keep them.

Looking forward to getting my FCD refitted and then I'll be back up to BPU again.