The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1000th post, 100,000 miles on car and 1 year of ownership!

supRo

Well what a year! She's 100,000 miles old now! Still drives fantastic.

Had some great times driving her...the JAE convoy being the most memorable!

Thanks to all the traders and people here who have helped me out...what a great club!:ok: :clap:

Still haven't posted proper pictures yet!! Just waiting to tart my sparkplug cover up and fit new front speakers with silver covers to go with the other silver dash bits!

Cheers,

Ro

Guest andrew 666

hay iv just noticed that you said your car has done 100000 miles! and im looking at a n/a supra thats done the same milage i just wanted to ask you what the cars like at this sort of milage? any advise would be very much appriciated!

100K is nothing for most cars, espically a Supra. When I sold my honda accord with 117K it literally drove the same as new. The guy that test drove it and bought said its still drove like a new car.

When I sold my celica at 166K miles it didnt feel like new anymore but it was 14 years old compared to the 5 year old honda but it was still going strong!

The thing is.. most of us really go to town on our cars. If there's anything not right, it gets sorted. For example (here's what springs to mind for mine):

shocks replaced

springs replaced

drop-links replaced

lower-control arm replaced due to bad balljoint

boot rubbers

etc etc. we like to keep our cars 'right'. A 100,000 mile 1993 Honda Civic wouldn't get that sort of care and attention, partly because it'd be worth about £500.

That's the difference IMO.

hay iv just noticed that you said your car has done 100000 miles! and im looking at a n/a supra thats done the same milage i just wanted to ask you what the cars like at this sort of milage? any advise would be very much appriciated!

As Homer has said really - if an engine has been looked after it can can drive better than a lower mileage thats not been looked after. When I did my HPI check, I was told there is no way to validate the mileage on imports. When I was hunting for a Supra, I saw many that were low milage but the condition looked otherwise!

Provided its had regular oil changes and been relatively well looked after 100k is nothing to a supra, especially an NA (Less gubbins to go wrong!). Chris Wilson has reported servicing a stock TT with over 300k miles :yes:

My mate looked at a UK spec still with the original Turbos....It too had more than 300,000 on the clock!! He said it wasn't too different from his..his is a 35K (genuine) mileage UK spec! lol!

The thing is.. most of us really go to town on our cars. If there's anything not right, it gets sorted. For example (here's what springs to mind for mine):

shocks replaced

springs replaced

drop-links replaced

lower-control arm replaced due to bad balljoint

boot rubbers

etc etc. we like to keep our cars 'right'. A 100,000 mile 1993 Honda Civic wouldn't get that sort of care and attention, partly because it'd be worth about £500.

That's the difference IMO.

Agreed - I change anything thats iffy! Water pump has become noisy, that's the only thing 'wrong' with the car at the mo. Booked in at Phoenix :)

Cheers guys :)

Ro