The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just tried the new 5 cylinder blown focus (RS?)

Mike B

A friend brought this round for me to have a look at - the new focus ST 5 cylinder (volvo) engine with quaife diff. Twin exhaust pipes make it look like a wheel barrow.

http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/foc_c307/-/-/foc_st/-/3/-/

Was expecting it to go - I was told it beat scoobs and evos around a track, top speed 155 (limited)...

I waited for the power to kick in, then waited some more, then a bit more, and hang on - does this thing actually go faster than my run-around? :eek:

- maybe not! and the fuel computer said I was averaging 27mpg!

If this thing could do 155 you would need a very long bit of road with some down hill bits!

Driving TT sups - you forget just how quick our cars are. It's nice to be shown the latest and greatest just to realise what machines the sups are - it re opened my eyes. The owner was giving it large on bits of road I wouldn't dare use half throttle in the sup! I like my car!

untitled.jpg

i also heard your going single?

I thought about it - tried a very sorted single in oct all set for the move, but the violence put me off - those things are vicious - and I live in the country. Right now I'm going back to sequential, (from paralell) with more pressure on the 1st turbo to smooth the change - a bloody big intercooler plus get the suspension sorted. I live in a fairly rural area - I'd have a hard time finding a big enough road for a single!

They say power is addictive - maybe so - I see what's going on ina few years once I have had more time with +/- 400. - and you know what I'd saved for a single - I'm just gonna keep that cash for the next car instead.

Some of your cars have been pretty brutal so far? and now you have a T88 - I hear Teeside has the longest runway in europe - you should give them a call!

i was looking at them pics of your car i took last time i was at yours, do u have any more pics ?

She's tucked up in the garage at the mo - huddling up to the dehumidifier - she needs a good clean and polish - although she will be ready for photos in the new year when I get those 355 brakes off your bro. Tell me when you are booking into Thor - i need to get the car re-mapped for sequential and the new intercooler - and I get boost cut in 6th - was planning to go down myself.

I sat in the office when they mapped a sinkle hks kai turbine on a TT. It was quite a sound, he was getting mapped to 1.8 bar but lost compression on no6 when they hit 1.4. You'll have fun with yours - the whole building shakes - and you just sit there hoping she doesn't go bang!!

She's tucked up in the garage at the mo - huddling up to the dehumidifier - she needs a good clean and polish - although she will be ready for photos in the new year when I get those 355 brakes off your bro. Tell me when you are booking into Thor - i need to get the car re-mapped for sequential and the new intercooler - and I get boost cut in 6th - was planning to go down myself.

I sat in the office when they mapped a sinkle hks kai turbine on a TT. It was quite a sound, he was getting mapped to 1.8 bar but lost compression on no6 when they hit 1.4. You'll have fun with yours - the whole building shakes - and you just sit there hoping she doesn't go bang!!

jesus shit no max 1.4 for me, yeah we could probs arrange to go down together convoy, spoke to my bro tonight he said 355 here 2nd week of jan.

It had a boost guage on the dash that was either very strange, or it was showing that the turbo only ever engaged when the engine had something to bite on - ie 3rd gear plus...

it hits .7bar in 6th on the motorway, crreping up there slowly, (looks like boost creep!) but in first second and third you struggle to see it move. No boost in low gears = no boost lag - 'cos there aint none!!:tumble:

A non turbo sup would eat it for breakfast!