The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Flat tyre!

SoundWave

• 3 weeks later...
Be very careful to not flatten the crimped metal bits. The stock jack in the boot won't do this, but if you use a trolley jack you will fold them over.

Like wot I did.

Sorry to raise such an old thread but just thought id share my experience of the above too.

How f'n annoying, anyway to bend them back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob

Be very careful to not flatten the crimped metal bits. The stock jack in the boot won't do this, but if you use a trolley jack you will fold them over.

Like wot I did.

Sorry to raise such an old thread but just thought id share my experience of the above too.

How f'n annoying, anyway to bend them back?

I did all bloody four sides. Trolley jacks have a little shallow cup on the end of the lifting arm, but if you look on the stock jack it has a C-section cup that fits nicely over the rail without bending it.

Mr Wilson, he say, use a piece of angle iron with a trolly jack.