The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help with lights please

smithaldo

Morning all – just need some advise.

One of the bulbs has ceased its existence in my head light and just wanted to know about replacement.

Are there any particular bulbs that I need to get hold of and in order to replace do I have to take the whole unit out to do so. It’s the left side headlight and the battery is right behind preventing me from being able to get my hand down to the connectors.

Any advice appreciated.

thank you for your help.

ok thats the bulbs sorted can people help me on getting the old ones out and the new ones in. does the battery need to come out or the whole light unit itself?

sorry im new to replacing bulbs on this car:scare:

also i a friend that has his check light (centre of his rev counter) come on but with no other lights indication whats wrong, if he steers right the light goes off for a bit, can anyone help to what this could be?

mucho gratefull

Mate, which bulb aint working exactly? Jap or UK - They are slightly different.

If need be, Headlight takes 2 mins to take off! If you stand in front of that headlight - there will be 2 nuts you have to take off at the back, right hand side. There will be one on top left hand side and near it you will see a metal prong from the headlight pushed into a plastic grommet. You may need to prise this side. A good tug or two and the whole headlight will come out. If it catches on the bumper, prise gently with a screwdriver, being careful not to damage the paintwork.

Ro

You may be lucky and be able to twist out the affected bulb holder, before removing headlight/battery!

also i a friend that has his check light (centre of his rev counter) come on but with no other lights indication whats wrong, if he steers right the light goes off for a bit, can anyone help to what this could be?

mucho gratefull

Do you mean this problem happens on your friends Supra? The warning triangle? It could be low break fluid.

Ro