The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Local Toyota Dealer for an autobox fluid change - would you trust them?

hadyn

I wouldn't trust them to do anything right.

I'd only go there if I *have* to, something which can only be done with Toyota special tools.

"simple" things like oil changes are done by the most junior of staff anyway, so the chances of something going wrong are even higher.

I wonder how much Lexus dealers charge. They would hopefully be more used to our engine and autoboxes, and they wouldn't be so desperate to go for a joyride afterwards.

Hmmm I would'nt be so sure :complain:

might be worth looking into some prices though?

apparently there is a honda garage near me that are good with supra's, but im to nervous to try!!

Dude - See Mr Wilson.

I wouldn't trust Toyota to go for a thrash in it. I've heard stories of a friend that took his turbo MR2 to them and turned up early to find the car not there.. Two mechanics came screaming up the road in it 5 mins later. :thumbdown

Dont bother getting your auto fluid changed unless they have a megaflush or equiv. otherwise you wont get all the fluid out.

A simple drain and replace will not do really.

Has anybody had a megaflush or equivalent done? I asked about a megaflush-type fluid change for the Soarer and they reckoned they needed to start with enough fluid to fill the autobox twice over, which is expensive if you're using Type IV.

It's probably cheaper to disconnect the cooler pipe and let the 'box flush itself.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=650993&postcount=6