The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone have a black car with carbon bonnet?

Lewis

I'm looking for some pics of a mkiv with a carbon bonnet (preferrably TRD - but not a requirement), must be a black car and (again preferrably) stock front end.

I can't help feeling that on a black car it may make the bonnet look faded from a distance rather than it looking special :)

If anyone can help it would be appreciated before I part with my hard earned readies.

Cheers

sorry too butt in but i've got CF bonnet on the teg, looks good but i was thinking about weight when it was ordered.

i don't know how much the suprs hood weighs but it's some size!

The sup hood is Aluminium, so its pretty light for what it is :)

IMO a carbon fibre bonnet on a Supra makes pretty much no difference to weight as it already has a very light bonnet as mentioned. On a black car it looks like the wrong type of paint has been used and on any other colour it looks like you bought a 2nd hand bonnet and didn't bother to get it resprayed. At least that's what 97% of people will think.

But everyone has different tastes so no offence meant!

In florida I used to see them on loads of cars even cars like lexus is200's.

:Plug: People who are interested in the eyebrows. My mate just outside Kings Lynn has copied loads of these in fibreglass and sells them for £30 a pair. Copied from original Varis products. Let me know if interested.

I have a blue carbon bonnet on my supe and in some lights it dont even show up. I wouldnt worry about it looking faded mate, especially a black one.

When I took the stock bonnet off, I couldn't believe how heavy it was!! The CF one (to me) feels MUCH lighter!! You can lift it with one finger easily! :ok:

I'm not 100% sure about the eyebrows! The car came over from Japan with those on, and they've been there for 2 years now. Wasn't sure about them at first, but now I love them and I don't care what anyone thinks :scare: ! Makes the car look grumpy the whole time! lol. The nearest eyebrows to those that I have seen are the AB Flug ones I think?

Cheers, J :ok: