The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please compare between stock and veilside manifold

Guest NocH

Please help me. I want to use veilside manifold for drift car. Because it's more beautiful than stock manifold. I want to know throttle response. Because in drift throttle response is neccessary.

... Because it's more beautiful than stock manifold....

Separate throttle bodies are supposed to be the ultimate in throttle response. Even so, trying to compare with GTRs it's hard to find hard evidence on that. Throttle response and turbos are mutually exclusive if you think about it.

External beauty can be deceptive. I came across some very beautiful women in Bangkok. Or so I thought.

I hadn't realised what everybody else knew:badidea: , it was my first time there.:whistle:

From what JohnA post. I think I can use Veildside manifold it look beautiful and maybe I find 90 mm throttle body instead 100 mm. In Thailand can easy to find it. And use medium size turbo about 400-500 HP for no lag of boost (I think boost can start at about 3000 rpm).

How do you think for my dream?

You'll want a turbo smaller than a T61 then....maybe just a 57....maybe smaller still.

The larger the throttle plate the harder it is to drive with small throttle openings...ie in traffic....BUT drifting doesn't require that...I'd go for the largest TB you can find....100mm Veilside....

The Q45 90mm(?) is something you can bolt onto stock but if you're going for the veilside you should fit the 100mm TB it comes with.

Veilside's Manifold requires the battery be relocated to the boot.

I'd probably go for a stock manifold with the Q45 90mm TB on it.

Thank you. I think it easy to relocate battery.

hank you. I think it easy to relocate battery.

I have just been through this pain fitting the vielside and 90mm TB and the work involved is horrendous not to mention the busted knuckles and money wasted on bits that do not fit including all the extra machining that needs to be done.

I know it will be worth it in the end but one day when they say bolt on they might just mean it will fit without work.

I dream of that day.

:violin:

I have just been through this pain fitting the vielside and 90mm TB and the work involved is horrendous not to mention the busted knuckles and money wasted on bits that do not fit including all the extra machining that needs to be done.

I know it will be worth it in the end but one day when they say bolt on they might just mean it will fit without work.

I dream of that day.

:violin:

I take it yours not a genuine Vielside then? as my mates VS fitted like a glove.

• 3 weeks later...
You'll want a turbo smaller than a T61 then....maybe just a 57....maybe smaller still.

The larger the throttle plate the harder it is to drive with small throttle openings...ie in traffic....BUT drifting doesn't require that...I'd go for the largest TB you can find....100mm Veilside....

The Q45 90mm(?) is something you can bolt onto stock but if you're going for the veilside you should fit the 100mm TB it comes with.

How different feeling between big throttle and small throttle?

You say big throttle body harder to drive more small throttle body in small throttle opening. Please describe me. I don't understand. Thanks

How different feeling between big throttle and small throttle?

You say big throttle body harder to drive more small throttle body in small throttle opening. Please describe me. I don't understand. Thanks

Even small throttle travel will let in a lot of air...compared to normal. this needs to be mapped for.

Are you using the supra as a drift car!!

I've only seen a few supra's as drift cars, there defo not the norm, and from what i know about drifting, it could be a costly excerise for you should things starts breaking and they will.......:innocent:

Are you using the supra as a drift car!!

I've only seen a few supra's as drift cars, there defo not the norm, and from what i know about drifting, it could be a costly excerise for you should things starts breaking and they will.......:innocent:

I understand high cost for maintain Supra Drift car. But I like Supra and I like Drift only way I do:p