The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would a Supra get in an NCAP test?

ardasaliah

I know this is a very difficult question to attempt to answer. But what are people opinions on how safe the supra is. I ask becoz recently a friend was involved in an accident -was OK thank god due to the car having a 4 Star rating - JUst can't help wondering what the supra would have looked like in a 40 mph head on as he was. Do people have an understanding of what makes a car safe structurally and does the supra have these.

I know that both Rob Oldham and Chiefgroover have had some serious smashes in their cars, not to mention a few others forum members who've had some big crashes. To date I'm only aware of one forum member who sadly died in one (several years ago), pretty much everyone else has escaped crashes with very, very minor injuries.

I managed to bounce mine of a few barriers at 60mph and escaped unhurt. Simply stuck the space saver on and continued on with my evening!

Not sure about the head on smash rating but they certainly seem to fare very well with side impact and rollover crashes.

Although the Supra is a very safe strong car for the people inside it, like John said it probably wouldn't get a very good NCAP test result.

The cars that get 5 stars have about 7-9 airbags and things like three rear passenger headrests for reduced whip lash. Bumpers that are designed to minimise impact to pedestrians etc.