The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Spoiler more air?

Brian Jackett

The more air that get into the radiator the cooler "potentially " the engine can run. But it wouldn't make a significant difference to the power output.

What was the weather like the last time you drove it. If it was sunny and warm the car would be slower than when it is damp and cold...colder air is denser and will help you to produce more BHP. (plus if the road is damp you're likely o scare the crap out of yourself more easily!!!

I'm assuming that you have a TT, if so do you have an FMIC (Front Mounted InterCooler) if so the larger "mouth" will supply it with more air and cool the intercooler much more effectively which WILL increase HP output....

Just  love the cold and wet now.

More power, and with RL TC it is controlled in the wet.

Took a roundabout tonight( empty) 270degrees at 5000 revs both turbos on line, raining,  TC set to wet.   Just felt a few pulses at the back and managed a  nice controlled drift:biggrin:

Then straight out on to the next road at full throttle with just a little lightness at the rear before it regained full grip.

Would never have done this before the RL TC was fitted without spinning the car.

(Edited by Phil Wall at 9:28 am on Sep. 19, 2001)

Coming out of Riding Street onto Great Portland Place (round the front of Broadcasting House), loads of traffic snarled up, tiny gap appears,  boot full, oooops, no RL TC yet.

They would be filming archive shots of BH from all angles with a half dozen cameras, wouldn't they. Have the sodding UK outside film teams lined up and some tosser from commercial is going sideways up Gt. Portland Place like a boy racer.

Extremely embarrassed, trying to drive from the foot well looking through the steering wheel.

Personal note, time to get the S03s.

Guest Martin F

Just to add to this diverging thread......

I had new SO3's fittted to the back a couple of weekends ago, and with all the rain we've had over the past few days and with me having the RLTC on full wet, i haven't felt the TC cut in once.

On full wet in the past it often used to cut in, even if the road was dry.

Say's something about decent tyres me thinks, unless your on camera of course !!!!!

:)

Martin

What tyres did you have on the back of your MKiv before you fitted the S-03's ?

And does anyone else on the BBS have Yokohama AVS Sports ?

I do really think they're quite good, but then again i've nothing else to compare them to.    I'll be getting S-03s when the AVS's wear out just so i can see what they're like in comparison.

For anyone who's intending to do a few track days, the AVS Sports are good as they're high grip but don't wear out very quickly (unlike the S-03s which tend to get sh*fted on track days as the compound is so soft).      

Also does anyone have a direct comparison between s-02s and S-03s ?    I heard the S-03s last a bit longer.