The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone recognise this?

chainy

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone here owns or recognises the uk sup tt that is on ebay just now http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TWIN-TURBO-UK-SPEC_W0QQitemZ4598339346QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem IVE emailed the owner asking a few ????? just waiting for him to get back. I like the buy it now price that he is asking but my main problem is i live N E Scotland so just cant pop down to see it. Just wondering what some of your thoughts might be.........

Looks fairly OK to me. Obviously it's an auto for that price. No mention of service history. More and better pics would be nice before travelling to see the car.

THERE IS A TINY RUST SPOT ON JOIN FROM REAR BUMPER TO SPAT
How come? seeing as both the bumper and the spat are plastic.

is this not a bargain for a uk car, if i was buying now id be very tempted, as the uk spec supra wud save me a grandi compared to an import in insurance quotes.

definitely need better pics, especially of this rust spot he's talking bout.

however the seller himself has good feedback on ebay. 366positives so seems to be a genuine seller...however the service history is important...but overall seems a good price

HI

Thats my car - i am a she and not a he!

Im putting up more pics it was getting dusky and they wernt coming out well.

No service history im afraid though - just some bills of previous work done and mot cerificates from 1998 onwards.

oh yes and meant to say rear wing and spat not rear bumper!

Cam belt has been changed.

Leotards are my daughters thankyou!

Personally i dont think he would have changed the front bumper just to get rid of the horns :love: Probably been in a front end,.... but then lots have. Seems cheap except for the no service part. i would be very careful. the last cheap uk i went to look at was a bag of sh1t, never seen anything so bad.

If your going to go and see it take someone who 1 knows cars and 2 know supras.

ive got a Storm blue UK spec auto. i paid 7700 for her with 107k miles. shes got full service history, i dont think id have bought it if there was no s.hist.

the car was from bournemouth and i live up north so i had an RAC check done on the car prior to me going picking it up. cost me about 300 quid but picked up on every scratch, dent, tap, knock, failed / failing component and any evidence of resprayed pannels and crash damage.

the badges on mine are gun metal / anthracite, ive not seen gold before on a UK.

theres also no active spoiler if the bumpers been changed and a splitter fitted.

the price is well cheap for a UK spec, however it would need a real good going over cos id be a little dubious about no s.history.

thanks for your comments - i put the badges on myself - plenty of supra owners have changed their badges to gold or newer chrome.

Just because previous owners didnt pass on or keep service history dosnt mean its a pile of s**t. I have bought cars before without service history - imports rarely have service history - to me if the car looks great, drives great then its good for me.

Personally i dont think he would have changed the front bumper just to get rid of the horns :love: Probably been in a front end,....

I'd hate to think everyone thought that. I changed mine to get rid of the horns. Bodyshops didn't want to know about filling the holes in the UK bumper.