The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking for my first supra can any of you help?

Guest andrew 666

Guest andrew 666

hay boys/girls iv just become a member and im looking to buy my first supra!!!!! :D

im looking for a n/a or a single turbo manual in black or silver and im looking

to spend around £5000! can any one help? thanks!

Guest andrew 666

well being only 19 the insurance is a little to high for a tt but its not to high for a single or a n/a but i dont wanna buy a shed so il prob go for a n/a!

Guest andrew 666

iv had a qoute in a n/a and a single on a 95 plate and the differance was only about £500 i know they didnt make a single turbo on a 95 plate the qoute was on a turbo coversion

Who's that with Andrew?? Very odd because i think generally N/A's are only a tad different from the TT's as the N/A's are import. As for a single, well Toyota never made a Single MKIV. The only way is to upgrade and this extra horsepower will 9.999 times out of 10 increase the quote but quite a difference. Out of intrest what sort of money are they asking?? Being 19 i'm guessing around £3K??

With 5K to spend id go for a mint NA auto, you could get a manual NA for that money but id expect it to be fairly high mileage.

Also check and double check your insurance quote to make sure its for the MkIV import as the insurance company will do anything to riggle out of a claim shud the worst happen.

the qoute i got on n/a on a 95 plate was £1300 with a company called sabre

and i would say these cars are worth every penny!

I know that Sabre are for Modified cars but that is an amzing quote. Is that 3rd Party only?? I don't wanna try and burst your bubble but there would be nothing worse than buying the car only for your original quote to triple. What other sort of quotyes have you been getting?

I had 4 quotes for a 94 n/a and 3 of those quoted me on a mk3 even when i gave them the reg number they still quoted me for a mk3.

IMO the quote you got is for a mk3 i very much doubt that any ins company would touch a 19yr old and the ones that did would be 3k plus but if your quote is genuine then i stand corrected

p.s i am 33 and have 10yrs ncb and mine was 500:(

im 20 1 write off 3 points and pay 1500 on a tt (uk spec) Uk's are much cheaper than imports to insure. but dearer to buy. you maybe able to pick up a shabby one for 5k....im still worried that the insurance company has it wrong seeing as its due for renual soon!

Im 22, clean license of 5 years, with full no claims, and i pay 2000quid on my J-spec TT, but im being robbed, there people or here with same sorta stats as me with about 1500quid insurance

Yep your getting ripped off for sure, same stats but with 4yncb and £800 with elephant.

Guest andrew 666

the qoute i got was for a 95 plate non turbo iv had the qoute about 6 times and iv gone as far as insuring a car that i was ment to collect today but had a hpi done and found it was a write off. but iv just come back from a garage in b'ham and they import jap cars so hes havin a look in the auctions for me.

and fingers crossed hes gonna find a nice one and gonna get it shipped over for me. :D

there are some REALLY cheap ones going here at the mo. i wouldnt bother importing one. lucifer sold a j-spec TT for under 5 grand recently!

Yeah and just to note.... They are not Crashed, Not a chop job, Not on their last legs, and NOT STOLEN!!!! They are just cheap!!

{Rant over}

The market is absolutly saturated with Supras... I wish people would stop importing them!!! LOL.....

BUT..... the next wave will be the cheap yr 2002 VVTis shortly ;)... watch this space.

I went through road runner and started her on her own traders policy, she can now drive any car for 720.