The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra Owner ;)

Guest Multijfj

Guest Multijfj

http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/a4/95/0f_1_b.JPG

Alright guys, iv just bought myself a twin turbo 93.5 supra! 42k Miles, absolutly mint condition with wood dash etc. automatic. Lovely car!

first night i had it, driving down a straight, front offside tyre has a blowout lol, was gutted! but got the spare on at the moment and having new tyre this afternoon !=D

Got a question tho, what does the "MANU" button do on the auto transmission? and the little red button with japanese writing around it do lol?

Also, im not sure what they are called, but on my suspension things, they are yellow, (pic is here of jus an example, not my actual car, but the bit in the box = the bit thats yellow on mine, http://upload.lhurgoyf.net/gal/Soma/confused.JPG )

and i was told that this is harder suspension that normal? could be wrong i dunno!

Anyways, i thought id say HI! and ask a couple of noob questions lol,

cheers

Welcome, yes the search button is a great friend.

However, the red button allows you to take the car out of Park when the ignition isn't on. So press and hold the red button, move the stick out of park and there you go. (rolling down the hill if the handbrake isn't on)

Manu button - Basically switches the gearbox to manual mode and you use the stick to shift gears.

Do you mean you have Bilstein shocks (on your suspension thingies?) As these were an optional upgrade and are yellow in colour. If so good for you!

(mine has the Bilsteins - then again mine also had the big brakes when I bought it too which I had no idea as I had never seen a japanese spec before I bought mine)

Enjoy the club... read and read and then read some more

James

Welcome to the club mate :thumbs:

The dampers sound like Bilsteins, they were sold as a performance option by Toyota and were standard on some late models. They are one of the best quality dampers you can fit on the Supra, supply a lot of these to members. If the ride is too harsh then it maybe that it has aftermarket lowering springs fitted (dificult to tell from the photo).

Enjoy! :ecstatic:

CIMG0004.JPG

Welcome, yes the search button is a great friend.

However, the red button allows you to take the car out of Park when the ignition isn't on. So press and hold the red button, move the stick out of park and there you go. (rolling down the hill if the handbrake isn't on)

Manu button - Basically switches the gearbox to manual mode and you use the stick to shift gears.

:yeahthat: welcome tot the club fella

Welcome to the club mate.

Just to add to the manu thingy when it's turned on, L = 1st, 2 = 2nd and D = 3 (D also 4th when O/D is on - see below)

Also, you'll probably at some point press the O/D button and wonder what that is too. That's basically 4th gear on the auto box. With 'O/D off' you'll have no 4th gear. Handy when racing someone at higher speeds as it stops the box automatically changing up to 4th. This is good as you wont require kickdown should you need to boot it. Hope that made sense.....

Oh, nice Sup - same as mine. TT in silver with TRD skirts etc..... :respekt:

Guest Multijfj

thanks a lot for all your help guys, i didnt know what to type in for the yellow shock things, i tired yellow suspension etc. but i wasnt getting anywhere lol. Yer i was being lazy with the manu button and red button, had no idea!

And yer btw, they are those yellow shock things, which owns, any idea how much they were? are?