The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Girls in supra's!

Mich

Why is it that 'most' people authomatically assume that when they see a girl driving a supra that it either belongs to their boyfriend or father?:thumbdown

I have had people come up to me at petrol stations saying that my dad owns a nice car.

A chap at a shop not being very helpful when I tried to buy wheels because he didn't believe that I actually had a supra.

A guy go up to my brother and say 'I saw your sister in her boyfriends car, she's lucky he's letting her drive that!'

Do any other girls find this?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted for you mich, lol. Must be a right PITA. People automatically assume "daddy" *with plum in throat* paid for mine. Thay are way off the mark lol.

I think most of us on here / most supra owners are guys. However its refreshing to see a girl own one. Still pretty rude that people just assume, maybe its a jelous thing!??!

Oh and make sure you do lots of research before buying a set of rims, get some nice WIDE ones!!!

Girls in nice cars are cool, there's a girl I always see driving a nice looking Scooby down my way. TBH I've never thought that they might not be owned by the girl, why wouldn't they be!

It's just the same as people asking what it does to the gallon (like I give a furk), or 'betting' that the insurance is a lot (see previous response), some people are just idiots I wouldn't take it to heart.

Why exactly wouldn't girls drive supras?

They look sexy and their insurance would typically be lower as well.

Also women like being the centre of attention, and a curvy supra with the dramatic looks certainly helps in that department.

My other half hates attention....and thus driving a Singled RSP Supra through town usually had her hiding her face!

Why is it that 'most' people authomatically assume that when they see a girl driving a supra that it either belongs to their boyfriend or father?:thumbdown

I have had people come up to me at petrol stations saying that my dad owns a nice car.

A chap at a shop not being very helpful when I tried to buy wheels because he didn't believe that I actually had a supra.

A guy go up to my brother and say 'I saw your sister in her boyfriends car, she's lucky he's letting her drive that!'

Do any other girls find this?

I get it a lot - used to wind me up but now I just let it slide. A lot of men can't handle the fact that a woman drives a decent car (not tarring all with the same brush mind you) :tomato:

Guest chiefvinso

In my experience most of the female species dont know much about cars, my misses hates the supra and thinks that its a waste of money and other girls have said that it looks nice. I think its good that you have choosen a good car.

Guest chiefvinso
How can you hate such a beautiful car?? :D
:shrug: It really puzzles me, but each to their own - think she see it as a not mature attitude from me as she wants to have ickle keiths (me) which is not a problem... I really dont understand but I love the soop and its staying. :love:

:shrug: It really puzzles me, but each to their own - think she see it as a not mature attitude from me as she wants to have ickle keiths (me) which is not a problem... I really dont understand but I love the soop and its staying. :love:

Can't see us ever not having a supe even if sprogs feature in the future...yeah each to their own and all that...you can easily spend equal amount on a crap looking car like a kiddie friendly people carrier tho...:p

Guest chiefvinso

I have pointed out that the soop is designed for little ones in the rear!! lol doesnt work tho, but the soop is staying. I'll get a zafira turbo and mod that too. lol

draining isn't it?

I'd like to watch what happens the first time some moron bloke asks you why your boyfriend let you drive the wide-bodied monster. After all you've been through getting it sorted, it may rival the noise recently generated in Hemel Hempstead...

-Ian