The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk tt - 6 speed - on pistonheads

DBR

There could be two reasons it's got no history, firstly cus it's been clocked. This is very likely due to it being a UK with such questionable low mileage.

The other possibility is the Supra came from an isnurance company at some point and the owner that crashed it wouldn't have sent the history to their insurance. Probably never got passed on.

I bought a Celica once that was Cat D s/r and it had 71k on the clock but no history. When I got the log book I rang the last owner and requested any reciepts or history. Was well chuffed when a whacking great folder turned up with shit loads of stuff only to find it had been serviced by Toyota right up to 120000 miles.

I just binned the history.

The mileage is right. The location of the damage is right. The year is right. I know that my old car was being repaired! Seriously starting to wonder!

Yep it's a fair guess....do you know the old VIN number?

Can't remember how much damage there was, do you have the pics still? And what colour was your interior?

for those that are interested, I asked the seller a few questions, an this is what he replied (does this sound like your old car keith?):

1, Recorded on HPi register as a CAT D, the car was stolen from the previous owners and damaged, the insurance company decided to pay out, as they couldnt find the vechile (They paid him £19,000 two years ago!), when the vechile was found in its damaged state, it was recorded on HPi register as CAT D, and sold to a salvage yard, who sold the car to me

2, I was told by the previous owner it had full Toyota service History, but the book was lost. I went to the dealer to find out, but they said they couldnt tell me.

3, Not to sure to be honest with you

4, I serviced it myself a few weeks ago, including oil, spark plugs, filter, etc, etc

5, 12 mot 6 tax

6, 2 Previous excluding myself.

1. Lady company car

2. 32 Year old man from Maidenhead (Who it was stolen from)

question 3 - has the cambelt been changed

and also was told there was no front end damage?

front washers were apparantly taken off cos they look funny?

and active spoiler doesn't work?

only damage was to drivers door and rear lights?