The mkiv Supra Owners Club

As my supra is my everday car

supra-alex

and i want to clean my headlights what shall i do only clean the front and see how that comes up ? i can see a little condensation but only when u put lights on....ideally i would be a new set and practice refurbishing the old ones but need £££ and wrong time of year for that !!!

for others who's supra is an everyday car how do get around it ? as its a bit of risk taking them apart and sumin goes wrong then ur screwed ?

can you clean em without taking lens off ?

I polished the front of mine with glass polish, it helped a bit.

Then luckily I had a crash and they got replaced anyway!! :D

moral of the story then: leave em.

2 of my mates had written off their M3 and supra straight after they were serviced !!!! sumthing very dodgy at work in this world........

I stripped, cleaned and rebuilt mine in a day. Left them in the warm overnight for the sealer to set up, then put them back on the car next morning. Its an easy job once you get over sticking them in the oven.

was that yor first time ? any problems ? that goes for everyone do they get any problems the first time they attempt it ?

once youve put new sealant on how long do you leave it in the oven for before it sets ? not overdoing it....

The process which I do for alot of people is as follows:-

1. Warm you oven up to 100oC

2. Remove all the clips on the light

3. Get a BIG flat blade screw driver.

4. Place light in oven for 5 mins once preheated

5. Remove light and prise the front off.

6. Polish the inside and out with glass or meguires plasit polish and a buffer on a drill.

7. Remove ALL old seland so you have a good chanell aorund the light and is clean

8. Buy some good qiality sealant

9. Put selant all round the channel, dont be stingey here. prob need 2 tubes (small)

10. Put both bits back n oven for 1 min to soften sealent you missed(separatly)

11. Push the two bits together and replace clips ASAP.

12. Keep in warm house environment for 1/2 day then in garage 1/2 day to cure....

Your done!

The process which I do for alot of people is as follows:-

1. Warm you oven up to 100oC

2. Remove all the clips on the light

3. Get a BIG flat blade screw driver.

4. Place light in oven for 5 mins once preheated

5. Remove light and prise the front off.

6. Polish the inside and out with glass or meguires plasit polish and a buffer on a drill.

7. Remove ALL old seland so you have a good chanell aorund the light and is clean

8. Buy some good qiality sealant

9. Put selant all round the channel, dont be stingey here. prob need 2 tubes (small)

10. Put both bits back n oven for 1 min to soften sealent you missed(separatly)

11. Push the two bits together and replace clips ASAP.

12. Keep in warm house environment for 1/2 day then in garage 1/2 day to cure....

Your done!

thank you