The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another new member

SoundWave

Hi all,

I am now the proud owner of a white J spec 96 RZ TT. Quite a major step up from my Clio! Have been driving it since saturday and am just beginning to get used to the size of it, let alone the power!

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Where is the horn? I havent looked very hard but it didnt seem to be in the usual places.

2. What does the MANU button do on the auto box?

3. Can anyone recommend a good garage for services/MOTs in the south central area? Bournemouth/Poole/Southampton

Here are some pics. I know the veilside kit isnt to everyone's tastes. Keeping it clean in this weather is going to be tricky!

SupraFrontSide.jpg

SupraBack.jpg

SupraBackSide.jpg

It is the standard Toyota steering wheel. It has an air bag in it but no buttons on it. Can't see a horn symbol on either of the stalks.

I am being careful.. but the traction control has stepped in a couple of times...!

Should be a push horn.....push on the steering wheel....if its not working check your wiring etc...usual stuff....if you draw a blank here get down the breakers yard for a new one!!

Word of advice as well dude......DONT under any circumstances depend on the traction control to save you......a lot of members have this switched off as its more risky having it on....if you do a search on this you will find loads of info

Welcome to the club mate :thumbs:

Very nice looking example you've got yourself there.

Do you know what mods are on the car? From photos can see Veilside front and rear wing, aftermarket wheels and exhaust. Get some photos up of the engine bay, interior and brakes etc. so we can have a proper shufty and play spot the mod :D

There doesnt seem to be a horn on the steering wheel. I know there is one somewhere cos I set the factory alarm off by accident which used it!

Mods wise: 18" wheels (not sure what kind off the top of my head), veilside front and rear, HKS exhaust, Blitz dump valve, Blitz turbo timer, ARC aluminium induction box and a front strut brace. It also has larger than standard brakes but I think these are the factory optional ones?

SupraBackSide2.jpg

SupraEngineBay.jpg

SupraInside.jpg

welcome fella. got yourself a nice one there so i would seriously advise getting RLTC, i had a few spins with the std traction controll and it cost me a new front bumper!

price is about £600. fitted and its amazing you can drive with full confidence that the back wont go unless you want it to.send Matt Harwood a pm about it,