The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford Intelliguard 950 Valet Mode - How?

Duffers

Hi All

My Soop is going in for a MOT tomorrow (shudder) and I need to have the alarm in valet mode so they can start it and stuff without me having to keep putting in the code etc.

Is this possible? I can't find my damn user manual for the system!

Any help on this would really be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Guest 2005thurston

The valet mode on the new G5 cliffords can be accessed by two ways.

Firstly pressing the clifford sign twice then the unlock button,(On the new G5 Fobs#)

Or by using the valet pad inside the car.

You need to make sure valet mode is actually enabled before you start pressing buttons.

On mine (with Blackjax fitted) I needed to enter my secure code in the usual way. Then you use Cliffords x presses of this followed by x presses of that (guide in the manual) to activate valet mode. Once active you can press the two buttons on the fob to TOTALLY DISABLE ALL THE SECURITY settings for you car.

Also, when you start the car you MUST activate valet mode before touching the brake, selecting a gear etc. Won't come on otherwise. Fairly handy anti0theft device.

Remember to actively disable Valet mode afterwards otherwise anyone with a knowledge of Clifford alarms can nab your keys and be off with your car, blackjax or not.

I usually wait with my car when it's worked on and activate the valet mode for the mechanics etc. Stops em going for a ride in your car.

Just to set a few things straight.

Valet mode was originally designed to allow someone to park your car and retrieve it without you needing to explain how your security system works, or without the need to hand over the keys.

IT IS NOT A SERVICE MODE. The alarm will remove itself from Valet mode once the ignition has been switched off and back on again. It works for ONE cycle only, therefor, no good for services or MOT's. - For this I'd advise turning off Blackjax and Passive arming if possible.

Valet mode can be activated from either a remote key, (unless this feature is programmed out), or via the 2 button key pad inside the car. (Valet switch).

Via remote, it is accessed either by pushing the two left buttons on the four button icon type remote, (Companion).

Or pushing the button on the side twice followed by the big button on the 5 button 'Radar' Master remotes, or bu pushing the Clifford button, then the padlock button on the new G5 master remotes.

If using the valet switch, you enter your pin code using the button with the 'star' as the key to enter the first number with, then the 'blank' button to enter. Then the 'star' to enter the next number, then 'blank' to enter etc. etc. Once entering the final number, continue to hold the 'blank' button for three seconds to enter Valet mode.

Hope that helps. Any questions... Don't ask me! ;)