The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hay'elp - HKS SLD

Ring Master

Sold a manu SLD (T8) to a guy the other day,

sods law, the poor bloke cant read Japanese !

Ignorant f*ck...........   ;)

Can anyone give some clue about fitting ?

Coz I couldn't help as im an ignorant f*ck too..........

If anyone from HKS is reading this, PLEASE,

I love your products to bits, but cant we

have ENGLISH instructions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coz not that many Brits I now read Jap too well.........

That Blitz unit I fitted for you yesterday came complete with English instructions, so I see no reason why the HKS one cannot come with the same.

Blo*dy stupid I say.

Yours,

J

I have the HKS SLD manual ready for Mr Honda-factory-manager's return from vacation. I've entered every image and it's all formatted ready for the text input.

I have assurances he's gonna read it and tell me what words belong in every place there's Japanese text now.

I've even prepared it to accept the text for the non-JZA80 models.

If you can wait about a week, his kids have to be back at school (no I don't mean I'm going to kidnap them until he comes through, he's gotta be back then too).

Well I'm off to Thailand next week to talk to a company about oil pumps. The company I'm going to see is owned by a Japanese parent company, and some of their representatives will be there, so I will be surrounded by people who speak technical Japanese.

If you can get some scans to me, and there aren't too many words, maybe I can ask someone to do a translation?

Cheers, Paul.

I fly on Sunday afternoon. If you can identify what you think are the most important pages (judging from the pictures, I guess) that would be handy. I'm taking all my import documentationover for them to peruse, too.

This will be for the auto version, right?

Hopefully I'll fit in a few minutes to talk business, too! :-)

Sorry, I didn't take 2 events into consideration:

1. I had to go to a 2-day off-site residential project meeting Thursday and Friday.

2. My dad was coming down Friday through Monday and he occupies the room I have my host PC/ISDN set up in. I can't leave it running so's I can use an 802.11 link onto the web as it's the noise of the fans which are the problem at night, ergo my wife shut it all down Friday lunchtime before I got home and cut me off from the world over the week-end.

Never mind, Japanese-Honda-manager is back in the UK; a bit tied up with the opening of the new factory #2 in Swindon, but I'm assured he'll be popping out of the woodwork any second now.

You're telling me. I'm not going passed opening the box until I've got that translation in my sweaty palms.

I'm sure it's all very straightforward, but, if it doesn't fix the problem it will mean me debugging the installation and not the actual problem, as I should be.

I have all the graphics copied across with the pages formatted ready to type the text in and add text boxes to the graphics.