The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What are my chances of getting a post 1998 TT?

Guest Atrix

Hi everyone, i'm still searching for my perfect TT (6 weeks on :yawn:), but i'm beginning to think i'm not gonna find what i want.

Basically i'm after a VVTi auto with the tiptronic gear change. Dont ask me why, i just want one:)

I'm not too fussed on colour (gunmetal would be perfect though :love:), but the very few cars i've come across have either been modified engine wise (filter, exhaust is about as much as i'd want to be done tbh), or have horrible bodykits (why dont people realise all the soop needs is a nice set of alloys :yes:)

Please put me out my misery - am i either gonna find what i'm after, or should i revise my criteria now :cry:

Shame you missed Tim's one as that was a gunmetal VVTI tip but was sold about 6 months ago.

I was lucky and picked mine up from a dealer - probably the last one still being held by a dealer - also 6 months ago.

They do come up every now and then and being a little trickier to mod engine wise are less likely to have mods.

A kit shouldn't put you off buying one - you could replace it with standard parts for very little money and sell the kit - probably making a profit overall.

Hi everyone, i'm still searching for my perfect TT (6 weeks on :yawn:), but i'm beginning to think i'm not gonna find what i want.

Basically i'm after a VVTi auto with the tiptronic gear change. Dont ask me why, i just want one:)

I'm not too fussed on colour (gunmetal would be perfect though :love:), but the very few cars i've come across have either been modified engine wise (filter, exhaust is about as much as i'd want to be done tbh), or have horrible bodykits (why dont people realise all the soop needs is a nice set of alloys :yes:)

Please put me out my misery - am i either gonna find what i'm after, or should i revise my criteria now :cry:

You'll have to start making offers that we can't refuse, to those of us who've got what you want :)

I'm not looking to sell, but if you showed me £15k in used notes, I could be persuaded :D

Good luck with the search, it's worth the wait :p

Well the price thats going for only a mentaller would buy a tiptronic lol
Are you confusing Terry's own car (Black manual VVTi single turbo) with the black auto non-VVTi he was selling for Mig?

Mig's car was up for £9K (now sold) but Terry's is worth three times that much.

You'll have to start making offers that we can't refuse, to those of us who've got what you want :)

I'm not looking to sell, but if you showed me £15k in used notes, I could be persuaded :D

He's looking for a post 1998 Geoff. Nevermind eh. :innocent:

BTW what happened with your MOT Ivan, did you have to put the first cat back in?

Thanks for the offer geoff, but that's a bit more than i'm prepared to pay....... ;)

TDRAPER - thanks for the heads up about DShoxs car, but unfortunately i'm not a fan of the bodykit

Ivan - SELL ME YOUR CAR! :yes:

TDRAPER - thanks for the heads up about DShoxs car, but unfortunately i'm not a fan of the bodykit

change it!:)

It seems like it would be the perfect buy otherwise? no? I dought you'd find another black tip tronic with such low mileage again, but who knows.