The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LOL love elephant.co.uk.

Daston

Just done a quote as they now have the SZ on their site, right heres the normal bit I'm 21 with 3 years no claims, male, car is garaged, is alarmed and has sideskirts. I will use it up to 6000 mile for SD&P only and they quote me........... £1831.20!!!!!!! :rlol:

Now I do pay at the mo 840 with lancaster fully comp with my car garanteed to a value of £5800.

My question is what planet are these insurance people on?

Elephant are a complete joke. Charged me an extra £30 for 2 months left on the policy for RLTC and said i couldnt have a FMIC because it came under their TURBO CHARGED catagory. How dumb is that, i said i already have turbos but no joy! lol

Cheap....but pay peanuts get monkeys. Just banking on not crashing!

Utter nonsense!!

After having three MKiVs NA and TT I feel justified in that comment.

Just try the club insurers - Sky.

Well I know I'm comparing to a UK, but my insurance is way higher than Keiths, despite having a clean license and 4 yrs NCB more than him, and yes I'm with Sky!

said i couldnt have a FMIC because it came under their TURBO CHARGED catagory.

I've got a FMIC insured with them. Explained to them that the stock one was buggered, and I couldn't afford a toyota replacement for £1k, but I can get a nice new shiney FMIC for much less. Politely explained that if they didn't insure it I'd have to sell the car and cancel the policy because I couldn't afford to keep it.

Suprise! They suddenly understood that a FMIC was simply a "more efficient unit" and did not actually add BHP (which is true surely). Just make sure you tell them clearly several times that it's different to a stock unit.

Well I know I'm comparing to a UK, but my insurance is way higher than Keiths, despite having a clean license and 4 yrs NCB more than him, and yes I'm with Sky!

Yes. I found a UK spec would be some 200/300 pounds cheaper than imports.

Import TT compared to NA import at the same insurance company, NA is cheaper.

I've got a FMIC insured with them. Explained to them that the stock one was buggered, and I couldn't afford a toyota replacement for £1k, but I can get a nice new shiney FMIC for much less. Politely explained that if they didn't insure it I'd have to sell the car and cancel the policy because I couldn't afford to keep it.

Suprise! They suddenly understood that a FMIC was simply a "more efficient unit" and did not actually add BHP (which is true surely). Just make sure you tell them clearly several times that it's different to a stock unit.

Gutted, well its saved me money, bought a stock one instead. will do me fine for now!