The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maybe looking for a supra again

hob

Well after owning a gt4 st205 for a brief period of time, before finding out that it had indeed been "clocked" I am now resisded to the fact that low millage imports are either very very expensive or clocked :( . My question is what is a reasonably low millage for the supra TT and what are the things to look out for when buying, common problems etc,

tah

hob

:D

Hi, sorry to here about your clocking incident, who imported your car for you?

How many miles is it out and is teh interior noticeably worn?

This is very good to do a check on the mileage when it left JPN :- http://www.bimta.co.uk/default.asp

Is this wot you used to check if ure GT4 was clocked?

Tah, yea I only found the site after a couple of months of ownership, The seat was not really worn, a lsight tear, but the rest of the car was literally in tip top condition, number of miles out was about 40,000 :cry: lucky I found Bimta otherwise fig 8 etc would have needed changing etc, the importer will be exposed after Im refunded and all the car changes etc have been complete, shame its taken the shine off the gt4, hence am looking for a supra again :)

Bloody ell thats a lot isnt it, b*strds arnt they, so the importer did it, has he owned up to it at all?

nope he hasn't owned up, luckily I purchased it private, who purchased it from the dealer so I can give it back to the private sale, then he has to sort it out with the dealer :p , the deaer has a skyline (m reg) that has done 23,000 miles for sale, so I guess its a common thing with them. I doubt the importer will own up, more than likely he will say it was an error when converting them to mph.

nope he hasn't owned up, luckily I purchased it private, who purchased it from the dealer so I can give it back to the private sale, then he has to sort it out with the dealer :p , the deaer has a skyline (m reg) that has done 23,000 miles for sale, so I guess its a common thing with them. I doubt the importer will own up, more than likely he will say it was an error when converting them to mph.

Yeh i guess they will just play dum, you both know tho!

i will ceratainly be doing mileage checks in the future,!