The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting mesh

afennell

To do it properly you've got to remove the bumper and fit it behind the opening.

You don't want any mesh edges showing.

Like anything, it's only worth doing if it's done right!

Good quality mesh sold here:

http://www.espdesign.co.uk/esp.storefront/EN/Product/38801

That's the stuff I've got now, it's very good. Much much better than the cheapy aluminium stuff I had before. The only trouble is where you want a small bit for side vents or whatever. Because it's woven small patches tend to fall to bits. It's a right sod to fit too, tough to bend and bloody sharp!

That's the stuff I've got now, it's very good. Much much better than the cheapy aluminium stuff I had before. The only trouble is where you want a small bit for side vents or whatever. Because it's woven small patches tend to fall to bits. It's a right sod to fit too, tough to bend and bloody sharp!

Agreed, handy to know someone who has the use of a guillotine.

Agreed, handy to know someone who has the use of a guillotine.

Or small bolt croppers cut it fine. Got mine from ESP about 2 or 3 years ago, no problems as it looks as it did the day I put it in. I removed the bumper too, pita but worth it to make it look right imo.

Paul

found this in my records, maybe someone here wrote it????

`Front Grill......

Anyone with a j spec car with standard snout and no grill, i devised a simple way to fit new grill. at the top of the hole where the grill should be there are 6 plastic grommets holding up 2 rubber bars, i pulled these out and went off to b&q . i bought a length of 30*20 alum. angle and a length of 15*15. i also bought a bag of medium hollow wall anchors. i pushed the anchors thro' the 6 existing holes and tightened them fully. that gives the basic fixing, i then cut the 30*20 angle to length and using the rubber bars as a template drilled 6 holes in the length on the 30 mm side. tighten this angle firmly in place then cut the 15mm angle to the same length and place it inside the larger tight to rthe fixing bolts drill 4 holes thro' and into the larger angle, screw in with 1 inch self tappers.this makes a great basic fixing, . as for the grill i got from my local plumber a section of top grill off a stelrad LST radiator (or WHY) cut and shaped it and sandwiched it between the angles. took the lot off and sprayed it, put it back with loctite. this makes a great grill and is so solid you do not need any further fixings, saves hours of work `