The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you guys think of this?

Prof. Monkey

I'd be interested to see it. I have a head on the flow bench at my head porter of choice, so if you wanted to spend MORE money he could have a look at it. Not sure how much he'd charge JUST to flow it, probably not a fortune, and it could show if there was any likelyhood of cylinders getting different air flows.

Battery is being relocated to inside/being replaced with a Gel type.

Hole being cut underneath battery tray and a short pipe being fed through, either to a filter inside the inner n/s wing with a heat shield.

Or a short pipe with filter then a cold air feed onto the filter from the outside, whichever works out better?!? Ala Pipercross stylee....

Bit of fun on a NA!

As far as I was aware, these types of intakes are only any good on an Na if you are going Na-T.

I believe the purpose of this type of intake on the Na-T is to allow for a shorter run of intercooling pipework, TT style, so you don't have to route the pipework from the intercooler outlet back across the car to the offside (plus the benefit of removing the pipework from the top of the engine where its hot!) and you can run a larger throttle body, which are both mods which benefit a turbo, but not necessarily an Na.

The Na Induction piping is tuned in length to create more torque (and there's a valve in there somewhere to shut off 1 of the runners where it splits into 2), so I believe if your gonna mount this on an Na your gonna see a marked loss in low end torque in trade off for a bit of top end power.(There was a thread on this a while ago, I'll see if I can find it)

I'm not saying your "doing it wrong", just interested in what your trying to achieve and the gains you hope to make.:zen:

Are you gonna Dyno it before and after the mod so the results can be quantified?

The Na Induction piping is tuned in length to create more torque (and there's a valve in there somewhere to shut off 1 of the runners where it splits into 2), so I believe if your gonna mount this on an Na your gonna see a marked loss in low end torque in trade off for a bit of top end power.(There was a thread on this a while ago, I'll see if I can find it)

Almost. It doesn't shut one runner off, but rather short-circuit the two halves of the plenum by joining them directly together rather than via the two secondary pipes immediately after the throttle valve.

But the net effect is the same as a twin length system. Two harmonics in the intake system: one for low end torque and one for top end power.

Almost. It doesn't shut one runner off, but rather short-circuit the two halves of the plenum by joining them directly together rather than via the two secondary pipes immediately after the throttle valve.

But the net effect is the same as a twin length system. Two harmonics in the intake system: one for low end torque and one for top end power.

Ahh! Yeah! That was it.

I'm still trying to find that other thread where this was discussed.