The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caught without any 'cats'?

Robbie

there was a car broken down on the a31 and a copper had to squeeze past me (i wouldnt go up on the kurb cause of my wheels), so when i got past the broken down car he pulled me and asked me why i thought it to be appropriate not to pull over to let him past, my reply was i didnt want to scratch my wheels. That was the point when he said "ok think i'l have a quick look round the car sir" :eek: oh shite

had to start it back up, he had a listen and said that sounds meaty. then had a look under and said "mmmmmmm" drive carefully sir

he knew!!!!!!

but got no telling off or anything, he was more interested in the actual car itself!!!

very lucky i know

Mini Hi-jack:

Are they likely to pull you over for 1 CAT out? Im still standard (engine-wise) me, and looking to be going BPU in the new year

No, because you would still pass emissions anyway.

Regardless, some of the earlier ('93) cars reportedly pass with no cats at all so I dunno what the fuss is about :)

Actually, I could be wrong. It might be that CATs weren't a requirement then.

No, because you would still pass emissions anyway.

Regardless, some of the earlier ('93) cars reportedly pass with no cats at all so I dunno what the fuss is about :)

Actually, I could be wrong. It might be that CATs weren't a requirement then.

passed my MOT on Sunday with no cats :D mines 94 Jap

I may be wrong on this but I think the roadside tests have yet to be proven to have any legal standing. An MOT station has to bring the car up to a certain temperature and measure emissions in a controlled way, doing that by the roadside just isnt going to be the same.

I have never seen a roadside test being done and they must be so few and far between as to not actually be a worry. All they can do is give you a fine or rectification notice.

JB

Guest Cuthbert

Regular roadside checks where I live, approx every 4-6 months.

Wouldn't want to be caught as I believe the fine is pretty hefty.

**Edit**

Nope I'm talikng bollox, It's just a £60 fixed penalty

Some useful links:

http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/services/environment/emissiontesting.htm

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Environment/Pollution/Air/Itstimetocleartheair.htm

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_roads/documents/page/dft_roads_504985-02.hcsp

I got pulled over about 11.30PM the other night in Warminster town.

Loads of police looking after the squaddies !

Asked me if my zaust was "legitimate" and I said "yes" :innocent: (no cats, RSR w/o baffle), he said it sounded very meaty and I said well it's a very meaty car !

He gave me a funny sort of luck and asked if could look around the car, when he's done he said it was fantastic :) :) :)

Was quite cute too !!! :love: