The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever had your Supe clamped?

Conrad

Just wondered if it were possible?

It sounds really daft to ask but I've been looking at getting a wheel clamp for security but they're all too small. My front wheels are 235 wide and back are 265 wide and most clamps are only 220 wide.

Just wondered if the invinceble Sup could withstand those nasty clampers!;)

Needed to pop into Kingston earlier this year in my RX (which Ive sold now for my Supe!).... Only wanted one thing, so chanced it in a private car park. Sure enough, came back literally 90 seconds later and there were two ar*eholes, sorry, 'wardens', trying to clamp my car. They were sitting on the floor with a somewhat puzzled look, as;

A> The car was lowered and they couldnt get their fat grubby hands round the wheel

and

B> their poxy little chain wouldnt have fitted anyway!

Praise the Lord for lowered modified cars! Ha ha ha!

Andy

P.S. Here is the offending wheel!

Copy of Image(177).jpg

came back literally 90 seconds later and there were two ar*eholes, sorry, 'wardens', trying to clamp my car. They were sitting on the floor with a somewhat puzzled look, as;

A> The car was lowered and they couldnt get their fat grubby hands round the wheel

and

B> their poxy little chain wouldnt have fitted anyway!

Praise the Lord for lowered modified cars! Ha ha ha!

Andy

P.S. Here is the offending wheel!

:rlol: :D :woot:

Quality, this was what I was on about. Would love to have seen their faces!

I *think* I remember a story about this..... someone got clamped and managed to deflate the tyre and remove it. They then took it to the police station (undamaged) and handed it in as lost property. The clamping firm had no legal basis to complain as no damage was caused to their property.