The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Tyres

Kip

Remould!!! on a TT??

Thanks but no thanks.

cheers for the thought though.

Sizes are for the stock rears - 245.45.16.

Not really on a budget, I just like a bargain.

Was expecting to pay around 100 to 120 per tyre for Toyo Proxe T1R's, but I was then offered these.

Thought I would ask the question.

I may just give em a go, at that price I can afford to throw em away if they're no good.

Just found this on the net somewhere:

The BF Goodridge MT are a good tyre, but if your on a budget, the Colway MT Remould has a virtually identical stud pattern and are much cheaper.

I only paid £26/tyre for mine.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=74541&f=91&h=0

i think you will find that mt stands for mud terrain they are used on 4x4 vehicles. as for the bf goodrich profilers they are a very good tyre for there money have great kerbing bands to protect your alloys to:OK:

bf goodrich believe it or not are michelins.

as for speed ratings w is approx 168mph zr is approx 149mph as long as you have two speed ratings the same on the same axle your fine for mot purposes

Sorry for late response chap.

Had BFGoodrich Profiler G's - 245.45.16's fitted - and to be quite honest they're ok.

Fitted etc at a company called Hi Q.

I too liked the price and was in deep shock when they told me - as I had just negotiated - what I thought was - a good price on some Toyo Proxe T1R's at 97quid each - not fitted!!

Good luck mate.