The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance fro NA:- Bell/Admiral/Elephant related.

Rayman

Just thought id let you know that Admiral have added the supra SZ non turbo to their system, so you can now get an online quote fro the NA from any of the admiral run insurance company's.

Not sure if anyone can remember but previously they only had the TT import up on there systems and it was creating a fair bit of confusion when people where trying to get quotes, some where even insuring as MKIII supra's i think.:sly:

Anyway i sent them an email a fair few weeks back asking to add the non turbo to the system giving all the details of the car, they said they would send it to the pricing department. Thankfully they have now added it not sure whether it was my doing or not but im glad they added it as its really the only company i can get a descent quote from.

Im now assured i can get insurance for a supra next year, so im well chuffed! :thumbs: !

Just thought id let any NA owners know where you can get a definate modified online quote done.

Thanks

Chris

hmmm, was it something i said. haa.

i filled in my form to return to admiral 2 weeks ago, i said i didnt renew with them because they were not speacilists, and didnt list there cars properly.

i.e years, cc and most importantly sz,rz,gz.

has my one reply from a form really changed this?

i kind of ripped into them in all aspects, saying they wouldnt pay out for mods even though they charge, and only allow 6 mods.

on recomendations, i said to sought your website out with list of cars, maybe they are finally doing something

ha, ive just checked there webpage.

they have changed all the cars. they now have 2 options under twinturbo import. up to 93 and 93-2001 at least thats sorted, and they have changed the cc to 2997 which it should be.

i really think they took action on everything i said, which is good, its because my form went to the head office, not talking to monkies on the phone.

im near 99% it was down to 1 man, me.

i doubt hardly anyone writes so much on a a4 sheet on there service summary, (i was a customer until 24th november on another car) to why you didnt renew, and how they could improve there service.

i didnt renew my policy to the supra, for the reasons i wrote

Im just glad theyve changed it anyway, its probably down to a number of different people, there's obviously loads of people all over the country using them for a quotation and when the NA supra cant be found on the system theyr obviously losing custom. It definately needed sorting!

Its good that you sent the complaint tho, im sure it give them a kick up the butt!!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=52736 heres the thread.

i sent the form on the 26th november so they probably got it on the 29th.

thats some quick response.

shame though, i tried a qoute 2300, with mods and they dont pay out.

as to 1700 fully comp, gauranteed value, rz twin manual listed with mods.

at least its a step in the right direction

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=52736 heres the thread.

i sent the form on the 26th november so they probably got it on the 29th.

thats some quick response.

shame though, i tried a qoute 2300, with mods and they dont pay out.

as to 1700 fully comp, gauranteed value, rz twin manual listed with mods.

at least its a step in the right direction

Must have missed that thread, nice one for sending the form! Who you insured with now?

Your spot on mate,

back at the begining of november i was trawling thru every online insurance quote i could get,

because most online insurance companies dont list the SZ in the dropdown menu im sure a lot of peple would get confused.,

i did and was amazed at how low my quote was with one .,

checked and double checked and i had received a quote for a mk3.

in the end i went back to churchill who gave me 6 years no claims bunged in too :)

FAO anyone with elephant or even contemplating them,

Elephant and Admiral are the same company, and after a bit of online research with various cars and details, Admiral beat elephants quote every time I tried it.

So just a quick warning that people with elephant change to admiral at renewal as it will save a bit of cash.

I was also insured with admiral on my N/A about 2 months ago and they had it on their system then and all the details were correct...

FAO anyone with elephant or even contemplating them,

Elephant and Admiral are the same company, and after a bit of online research with various cars and details, Admiral beat elephants quote every time I tried it.

So just a quick warning that people with elephant change to admiral at renewal as it will save a bit of cash.

I was also insured with admiral on my N/A about 2 months ago and they had it on their system then and all the details were correct...

I've found that on the same car elephant are always cheaper, I guess it depends on age/postcode. But yes do try both as i've found they can differ by up to £50