The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your Opinion Counts

ManwithSupra

I am looking to make my Supra TT handle a bit better then what it currently is at the moment, i have an idea on what i would like but i am not sure on what the best manufacture is with regards to the Supra.

I wonder if the "ones that know" could point me in the right direction, i have listed the parts below and want to know if the manufacture would be any good for the car.

Suspension - TIEN with EDFC

Anti Roll Bars Front and back - OMP

Strut Brace Front - OMP

Poly Suspension Bushes - ???

Traction control - Racelogic with digital adjuster

If there is anything else you recommend then please say :-)

My Budget on this is around £4,000

What brakes and tyres do you have?

In priority order, my personal preference would be

1. Fit new OEM Toyota arms, bushes, links and joints front and rear. Fitting new arms on the front means you also get new ball joints (integral part of the arm and not replacable separately). A slightly cheaper alternative would be a set of TRD bushes on the front, these are not poly bushes but are similar to stock, but with a slightly harder compound.

2. A good quality set of shocks.

4. TRD LSD

5. RLTC

6. Cusco or Tanabe anti-roll bars.

What brakes and tyres do you have?

In priority order, my personal preference would be

1. Fit new OEM Toyota arms, bushes, links and joints front and rear. Fitting new arms on the front means you also get new ball joints (integral part of the arm and not replacable separately). A slightly cheaper alternative would be a set of TRD bushes on the front, these are not poly bushes but are similar to stock, but with a slightly harder compound.

2. A good quality set of shocks.

4. TRD LSD

5. RLTC

6. Cusco or Tanabe anti-roll bars.

I currently have Uk spec brakes on my J-spec.

Tyre's will be another option that i will be looking at - i want an all round tyre that provides good traction in the wet as well as the dry.

I have a standard LSD on my supra is that no good then ?

Generally the purists accepted way to the best handling Supra....

1) Standard 17" alloys (Correct offset, right diameter)

2) Decent rubber (Eagle F1 well suited)

3) Bilstein shocks / Eibach springs (See Nic for good prices - especially if yours are tired and done a few miles now.

4) Check for worn suspension parts (bushes etc)

5) Full geometery check

6) Consider Nics supply of new parts to refresh the whole package. He says it's the best thing he ever did.

Teins marketing is brilliant. Do you REALLY need EDFC? Are you seriously going to a few track days or other motorsport? Nice toy, but unnecessary IMHO.

TRD LSD would be nice, but £££'s.

General feedback I've read from others about strut bars and the like is that they've felt no discernable difference.

Of course, RLTC won't make it actually handle any better as such.

If you can make it to Chris Wilson he will do you proud. :thumbs:

Professional race setups and 'proper' tuning.

Whats it like in the wet on a cold day, i find mine a bit twitchy at the mo.

Have not lost it yet, in either wet or dry. Sits very level round corners. Although it would be even better if i had 18" wheels and not 19" but still way better than stock