The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trying to get RLTC fitted help please

dane_stone

Took my car in on Friday morning to get it fitted. The garage said they could do it in 1 day for £150-£200. it's now Monday still no car and he's just rang and said it will cost now £350 cos he's got to disconnect the old system and he's never done it before (never told me that before) so I said no thanks.

So my question is dose any one now of a place that can fit it and have fitted the system before in my area northwest/ south Cheshire.

My Supra: TT auto with ABS and has the standard traction control fitted.

Cheers for any help Dean

sounds like they dont actually know what they are doing with it and are trying to sort it out while they charge you for it. I believe it can be fitted in about 4 hours with a competent mechanic.

Usual gotchas are trying to find the right ABS wires, trying to fit it all in the footwell and tring to calibrate it properly. Bet they struggle on that too.

Tell them to forget it and get it to Chris Wilson.

JB

I am sure there has been some bad experiences there from someone in the forums......:shrug:

Has ther will do a search, i'll be interseted to know myself as thats my closest jap performance garage! :tomato:

yeh just checked seems there was a company called hyperperforamance banned from the forum for a bodykit experience, don't think its the same company as hyper sports tho!

Anyone alse know?

I'll do it if you like for £100, I'm not a trader or mechanic or anything but i fitted my own about 3 months ago and it works a treat. :thumbs:

There's nothing technically difficult, it's just a pain in the ar$e accessing some of the wires for soldering, especially the abs ones.